Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone.

i decided to make a project thread for my 9000. a little history first. the car has 150K miles. I towed it home from Brooklyn New York to my home in Maryland on a U-haul trailer because it had no tags. It has since went to carlisle and since then sat on jack stands on my driveway while i work on making it into my dream car.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to have everything im doing to the car in

one place for myself to look back on(and anyone else who cares) anyway. i have lots of pics below. feel free to comment. just please dont flame me if u see something u dont like.

just know i love this car (its my baby lolz) and plan to continue to dump all my money into it. haha

here's pics of what Ive done so far.

PICTURES!

as most of you guys know, im building my own coilovers. still working on these. put them on hold because i bought new wheels/tires. haha. if u scroll down thou youll see that it was totally worth it. gonna finish these up within the next few weeks.

i hate rusty/old/nasty looking parts. so im slowly taking off every part and either polishing it or painting it this pretty blue. above pic is of the radiator fan.

almost done installing my FMIC. just have to t-clamp the HOT side. looks pretty sweet i think.

just painted this support beam gloss black. why? cause im anal and i need everything to looks brand new. haha

the misc piping for the HOT side. would have done it this morning but its raining. :(

pic of the cold side IC piping.

K&N open air intake. sounds badass.:D

polished the DIC. im happy with how it looks. just gotta do the valve cover now. lol i already know thats gonna suckkk

my favorite part of the car. zeh TURBO! haha and the blue vac hoses. ooo pretty.

just a pic of the whole car as it sits...for now. muwahaha

just another angle of the car.

interior shot. 5 spddd

aluminum pedals. i like um. there not ricey. just a nice look. better then that rubber crapp.

airflow spoiler chillin in the backseat. gonna get painted up when i get the whole car repainted in afew months.

pics of the 3inch turbo back. all stainless. NO CAT! lol exhaust sounds awesomee i <3 it.

another pic of the exhaust.

annd tahts where we leave off for now. thanks for reading/viewing the pics. hope some of you guys like my car.

My MINT borbet type A wheels. I absolutely LOVE these. have falken 512's on there way. should be here in afew days. wheels are 17x8.5

LOVE the deep dish on these.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the compliments guys. :)

i paid $800 for the borbets. came all the way from cali. cant wait to get the tires on. i think i will be the only person here with tire stretch. lol.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
4 lug? hmmm i want to invest in those wheels depending on how they look on your saab i LOVE them

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
4 lug? hmmm i want to invest in those wheels depending on how they look on your saab i LOVE them
yes, there 4x108

Can't wait to see Type A's on a 9k :)
yah should look good. has ET 13 n im going to run spacers.

glad im not the only one who likes those wheels I'm going to source some
tryn to steal my idea man?! aha jk. yeah there my favorite wheels ever. good luck huntin

also, does anyone here know what 90 degree size coupling i need that goes from the TB to the delivery pipe?

id take it off but its raining atm. just figured id ask. ill just measure tmrw if no one answers. lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
yes, there 4x108

yah should look good. has ET 13 n im going to run spacers.
You sure you will even need spacers with wheels of that offset?? I am running ET 37 + ~10mm spacers with 7.5" wide wheels. the wheels arent 'hella' flush, but are definitely better looking then the stock offset

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You sure you will even need spacers with wheels of that offset?? I am running ET 37 + ~10mm spacers with 7.5" wide wheels. the wheels arent 'hella' flush, but are definitely better looking then the stock offset
ah but im not going for flush.

i want poke.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol. it will be similiar to the bmw. trust me. when it comes to stance i know what to do. alittle faith fellas.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my brand new falken 512s:smile:

this came today too. yay. now i can hook up my boost gauge.

oh, i took out the clock, made the hole bigger and mounted the gauge there but the housing doesnt really sit tight in the dash. what did u guys do to keep it mounted to the dash nice and tight?

1 - 20 of 223 Posts