Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

Coming down From NY on my way back to VA, my turbo decides to split it's oil bearing. No Sweat, I only puff a little during vacuum.

This lasted untill the 78/81 merge north of Harrisburg. In the stopped traffic the car did not want to idle and looked like it was on fire. I did a quick turn around and headed imediately to the Compound a short drive away.

Delorean, PaulH and I looked it over, said yep, turbo, added some oil and I was on my way south.

I have a T25/28 Hybrid that I had on my green 900 since 04. But the exhaust housing is a little iffy looking. Can I simply remove the exhaust housing on the hybrid and use my 9-3s T25? Or was material removed to fit the new center? ( I will get in touch with Limit Engineering to find out)

I also have a T25 in perfect shape out of a 9000, but would need to remove the compressor section and add the one from the 9-3. Is that the easier plan?

I would post pics, but left my cord for the camera at home.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well your car certainly likes to be complicated there sir. I'd like to see a shot of the setup, once you get a chance. I'm useless in this case, I know nothing about what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Now that we're both daily driving 9-3s maybe we need to get a new parts car to park in Homer? :D

I wish I could help but I'm confounded by what is or isn't compatible with what on these newer cars...

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I eyeballed the 2, and they look pretty much the same, and don't seem to look like too much work to get apart.

Here are pics of the 9000 T25, I want to just use this exhaust housing.

This is my trusty old T25/28

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harveys hooked me up with a trashed T-25 and we used the exhaust housing of that. Keeping my 9000 turbo complete.

This was good fun, thank's a bunch for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts