Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love what this guy does to his cars. This guy did an awesome job with his 9000 and now he is building a NG900 monster. Te best part is that everything that he is having built, will be available to buy from Engstrom / SQR.

http://www.kyankton.net/index.htm

Look at some of the braces.

Also he is solving the problem of the Throttle Intake. He is making a 3" Throttle Intake. Def going to buy this when it comes out.

Tweek's Turbos said:
I hope a rear upper strut bar similar to Abbotts is in the making too. :D
You have it now, and a better one.

Def check out the site.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good God :!: :!: :!:

It looks like this guy just had some extra beefy aluminum just laying around his shop, and he decided to just go crazy with it.

And uhhh yea....thats throttle body is Definately nice. Lol...quite a bit larger than stock..and thats an understatement. That would definately only be for a MUCH larger turbo, because other wise it would take forever for the air to compress with a stock turbo and a 3" inlet pipe.

I'll be checking out his site a little more 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
h o l y s h i t

that guy is nuts! awesome none the less

would that 3 inch tb thingy work for a n/a saab, much like mine? because that is awesome!

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
I think the site said he was using a GT 32 BB turbo.

Justin, You would loose crazy torque since the air would come into the engine at a slower speed.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
very nice saab indeed, wish i spoke the language

tweek, i don't have a turbo, i don't think inlet size matters, with a non turbo, the air will only go in as fast as it's being sucked in, i could put a bucket over it with 3 inch holes cut in it, or i could run nothing at all, and i'll still get the same results, it's better to get more air to it then rob it of air, it's like when wiring an amp up, better to use wires that are too big than not big enough

~justin
but then again, i am an idiot

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
saabguy said:
~justin
but then again, i am an idiot
Thats the only correct part of what you said. LOL

J/K

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
thanks a lot guys... it's not like you're the smartest either, you've both been wrong before, ced with the electronic e-brake :lol: and bs42 with something, can't think of it right now, but you aren't perfect!!!!!!

i hate myself now

if i'm wrong, can you atleast correct me instead of the insults that i laugh at.

~justin
if you enlarged this to read it, then you are stupid

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
so they can run it on the road and burn rice, duh, lol, i'd run street tires on it if i had it

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
saabguy said:
thanks a lot guys... it's not like you're the smartest either, you've both been wrong before, ced with the electronic e-brake :lol: and bs42 with something, can't think of it right now, but you aren't perfect!!!!!!

i hate myself now

if i'm wrong, can you atleast correct me instead of the insults that i laugh at.

~justin
if you enlarged this to read it, then you are stupid
I may sometimes be wrong, but at least I have valid reasoning behind my thoughts. People ask for my input and I give it...I'm not a certified technician...nor have I ever claimed to be. Im just a guy with a Saab that has seen and fixed my own share of car problems, and has a pretty good idea on how cars work. :roll:

Oh and you don't need to enlarge to read it ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
saabguy said:
so they can run it on the road and burn rice, duh, lol, i'd run street tires on it if i had it

~justin
yeah why would i ask about running slicks on the road.....????

on the track..he launches really well but it would be better with slicks right?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the local track wont allow slicks for our cars, so that might be another reason, like, with the rules of his local track

~Justin

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I wish I could have a 400+ HP Saab. I would need a second job to pay for all those trannys, though! :lol:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
saabguy said:
the local track wont allow slicks for our cars, so that might be another reason, like, with the rules of his local track

~Justin
yeah but he raced a hot rod with slicks..so i dunno i would like to see that saab with some meen slick launches!! WEEEEE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts