Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im just wondering y many ppl have the idea that lb viggens are so rare..im not trying to step on anyones toes cuz i do also LOVEEE lb viggens (had one) but ive been seeing them everywhere and ppl seem the think they are so rare and not really. i would say the only 2 that sell more are gray and black. then next on the line of most common are the lb ones. does anyone know exactly how many of each color there are? again not trying to step on anyones toes just asking for my ignorance in this fact :)

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I mainly wanted a 3dr with a two tone interior. Flame Ocre is so badass. I would have killed for a steel gray 3dr with Flame interior. If my Viggen was silver or black it would have not gotten much attention. The LB and MCY Viggens made the biggest statements and the MCY cars were a hell of a lot more rare.

Rare doesn't always mean better :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think steel gray is my favorite viggen color. I do not know why. Anyone got a 3 door steel gray viggen they wanna sell me?

MCY is awesome too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The thing about LB, is that it is blue. Fact of the matter is that more cars than not look best in blue. Many performance variants or pure performance vehicles have been primarily blue. Therefore, LB = coveted. And last I checked, 504 in LB makes it pretty damn rare.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If I come across any deal on a Viggen of any color, I would probably be interested, but with LB, it was only available on the Viggen. All of the other colors Viggens came in were available on other Saabs. That is what I like about the exclusiveness of LB.

·
User
9,193 Posts
As much as I love LB, MCY is my first choice and I love silver and steel grey as well. But something about a silver Viggen is just so clean and elegant looking.

But yeah, MCY is just perfect in every possible way.

I like red a lot, but it's too much of a cop magnet.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If I come across any deal on a Viggen of any color, I would probably be interested, but with LB, it was only available on the Viggen. All of the other colors Viggens came in were available on other Saabs. That is what I like about the exclusiveness of LB.
Well there are some shades of blue that are available on other saabs (i'm thinking of a sport sedan in particular right now) that had just a slightly different hue of blue. Did other saabs have the same exact color code as the color codes of the non-LB viggens?

·
User
9,193 Posts
Well there are some shades of blue that are available on other saabs (i'm thinking of a sport sedan in particular right now) that had just a slightly different hue of blue. Did other saabs have the same exact color code as the color codes of the non-LB viggens?
No Saab got LB other than Viggens (if that was your question)... The closest color to LB was Cosmic Blue.. and it wasn't even really that close in comparison.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I agree the red is a complete cop magnet. And I also agree if I didn't have the laser red I would %100 want the mcy 4 door (I know I'm srange I like 4 doors). But something does just make me drool when/if I see a lb lowerd on some rkII's :)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Yes I agree the red is a complete cop magnet. And I also agree if I didn't have the laser red I would %100 want the mcy 4 door (I know I'm srange I like 4 doors). But something does just make me drool when/if I see a lb lowerd on some rkII's :)
I'm with you here. My tuned Saabs have been red and 4 door and I prefer it that way. While like all, MCY would be my first choice, I like you would/do go for the Imola Red.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I see it as the iconic Viggen color - 1st year out, there was no other color available. This was the car in all the magazines, brochures, etc. There are even those elitists who claim that the only "real" viggen is a Lightning Blue 3DR. :p

That's a great point, never thought of it that way. Even the fan-fave Monte Carlo Yellow has been on c900s and GM900s as well as the 9-3 (viggen and non-viggen).

·
User
9,193 Posts
I see it as the iconic Viggen color - 1st year out, there was no other color available. This was the car in all the magazines, brochures, etc. There are even those elitists who claim that the only "real" viggen is a Lightning Blue 3DR. :p

That's a great point, never thought of it that way. Even the fan-fave Monte Carlo Yellow has been on c900s and GM900s as well as the 9-3 (viggen and non-viggen).

I will have this car someday... I photoshopped it a month ago when I was trying to trade my Viggen for a 100% rust free MCY vert. Photoshopped my wheels and an airflow kit on it and lowered it. I know it's not perfect, it was just a quick photoshop I did to get the idea ;).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts