Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I'm looking to trade my crotch rocket for a Saab.

The bike is a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R. There are 21k miles on the odo, but actual mileage is lower due to gears.

(Pics are from before seats were recovered and hindle sticker was removed from exhaust can)

This bike is nice and tight and not beat. It's never seen wheelies, burnouts or the track. Basically I dumped a bunch of money into it and used it as a daily driver since I moved out to AZ last July. Overall it's in great shape with very few imperfections. I haven't had a car since I've been here so the bike gets a lot of attention being maintained 2500 mile oil changes, fuel additive every other fill up, chain kept lubed, detailed weekly. It runs perfectly and needs nothing.

The bike has Full Hindle Titanium exhaust, K&N filter, carbs jetted and tuned, and is geared down (-1/+2). With roughly 140 horsepower at the wheel and 410lb dry weight it's retardedly fast. It tops out over 180mph and should be capable of high 9 sec 1/4 miles with a med to small sized skilled rider.

In less than a year since I've owned it has received tons of parts and work:

Michelin Pilot Powers currently front 75% and rear 50%
Professionally rebuilt front forks (new fork seals/oil/Racetech springs)
Color Matched Under tail
custom rear LED turn signals
flush mount LED front turn signals
Color Matched Rear Hugger
Curved license plate bracket w/LED
New front and rear brake pads (EBC)
Fresh brake fluid
Super bike black grips
Upgraded headlight bulbs
Stickers deleted
Wheel stripes
Front was lowered ¼ inch

Since Dec:
Carbs totally gone through
New NGK plugs
Aftermarket high flow fuel filter
Recovered seats (heavy duty black vinyl)
Fresh DOT 4 brake fluid front and rear
Clutch and throttle cables lubed and adjusted
Shifter linkage dissassembled and lubed

It comes with a matching Z1R helmet, 1st Gear Speedfreak armored jacket, castle gloves, cover, and a cable/lock.

The bads: paint has some minor scratches and swirls here and there, there is a barely noticable 1" crack in the upper fairing on the right side, exhaust can has a small ding, and the speedo reads about 15% high.

Email/Text me if you are serious about a trade and want pics.

Ideally I'd like to get my hands on a 1999 2 door 5-speed 9-3 with a 2.3 swap already done, but I'll consider other year or 4 door 9-3s and 9-5s as long as they are nice and have a manual trans. Mods including tuning setups, upgraded turbos, exhaust, suspension etc. are a plus. I can put $ on top of the bike or will take $ on top of your car.

I'm willing to travel a little to meet up (it's an excuse to ride my ZX9R), but I'm not willing to ship.

Call/Text 518-369-3146
email: [email protected]

For those that remember me I still have my GTO. Unfortunately it's still in NY until the snow melts.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Somehow I don't think Lynette would be thrilled about him ripping up the corn fields on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles guided missile.... 8)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
wow that's a bright color. Good luck with the trade/sale.

As for bikes being carbed...

My 04 Yamaha YZF600r is carbed and they stayed that way until Yamaha discontinued them in 07.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
It's Kawi Green what would you expect?
For them to include a pair of sunglasses.

At least a color like that helps the other uh....idiots on the road see you.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The color, headlights, and loudness make the bike hard to miss (a good thing when you're on a bike).

Having FI on a bike sure is nice, but a well tuned set of 40mm carbs work just fine. ;-)

I had the cohones to top this bike out once on the trip from Phoenix to Vegas. The speedo was up in the 220mph range, so figure actual speed is about 15% lower due to the gears I'd say mid a 180's top speed is realistic.

I've got a trade in the works right now for a 89 dodge colt gt that has a built 4G63 with a 20g hanging off of it. The car is putting down ~400whp and is in the ~2500lb range. I hope it works out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts