Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is for the AC over-temp cut-off? If I'm not mistaken you can get those on rock-auto but they are a bit pricey.
Not sure. I was thinking it was a fan switch. I have an '88 motor but it's a turbo and this one isn't on it. I thought someone might have one available from a bum motor of something.

·
7,595 Posts
The one in the upper radiator hose, right? If that's it I probably have a few sitting around however I can't sayy for sure that they work. Typically one that's not working starts having it's cut-out range abnormally low which will cause nonoperational AC. The compressor is getting an "overheat" signal, which will cause it not to activate. By-passing this switch is as easy as removing it and simply connecting the 2 wires together.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to get it for a friend in PA. He says it's associated with poor cold driveability. It's not in the hose, it's in the base of the thermostat housing itself- but only on a b201.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.