Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for one that would be cheaper than nicks site, might build one if I can't find one.
Tight student budget FTL.

Shipping to Toronto, Canada.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a cone or an intake? Lol

I'm considering building it myself but I'd prefer to have one from gs :)
In your guide what's the tube connected to the intake pipe?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If my tube you mean the rubber hose coming off the intake, it is to the PCV system. The zip ties are only there because I wasn't sure how everything would hold under boost, they aren't really needed since the shield and silicon hose holds the intake up off the serp belt. Make one, GS sells a good product but if you wanna have fun and save some cash, get a second hand filter and build it up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If my tube you mean the rubber hose coming off the intake, it is to the PCV system. The zip ties are only there because I wasn't sure how everything would hold under boost, they aren't really needed since the shield and silicon hose holds the intake up off the serp belt. Make one, GS sells a good product but if you wanna have fun and save some cash, get a second hand filter and build it up.
Is that a necessary hookup? Mechanically speaking. I'm just curious on what its there for.
Sorry if its a stupid question :)

Srp, that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go to your local performance auto parts store, buy a cheap cone filter. Not sure what stores you have in Canada but any pep boys or advanced auto would have one for less that 35 bucks id think. Get a section of pipe and some hose clamps and fab it up.... may have to figure out a bracket that goes from the stock mounting place to the new intake pipe. Depending on shipping i could make you one pretty cheap. Let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts