Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after an untampered and untweaked Red Box APC to use in my 1988 900 Aero. Must be an untampered and genuine one!

Willing to pay a reasonable amount and of course I would pay shipping to send to me in Australia.

PM me here or reply to this thread if you have one you wish to sell.

Thanks and cheers
Steve

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New Years Bump... Anyone have one of these they don't need?

The idea is to use this red box APC in my 1988 900 Aero whilst I run the brand new crate engine in.

sab

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
it's about time you snagged that engine.... you talked about that being available when you came to OHio.....

If that's all you want it for I personally wouldn't mess with it. Just stay out of full boost for the first hundred or few hundred miles. After that you are good to go.....

Some even state that to brake a engine in even take it to backroad (or dyno) & do a few 3rd gear pulls giving it full throttle then letting the engine slow the car down. Some state that is the best way to break a engine in & that it only takes a few miles for the rings & everything else to seat. On my Buell or SPG I didn't do this..... I took a few hundred miles before I gave it full throttle

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GM > Yeah I know... has it been that long! About time hey! Damn chuffed I finally got to install it... it is really amazing how different this tight new engine feels.

And yes you are probably right re the APC box. I have been keeping it out of high boost, and keeping it under 5,000rpm for the time being. I too have read that info you talk about re breaking a new engine quick. I dunno though... after spending so much I don't mind taking it easy for a little while. Just with the occasional blurt here and there.

Still wouldn't mind the RED APC for future use if anyone has one. Even if it is just for the box itself. Be a nice finish to the engine bay. Currently running a Stage 2.5 APC done by Group 9 Performance/SPG9... so it is an ErikP tuned box. Could easily swap the innards over a red box if anyone has one they wish to part with!

So anyone have one?

Steve

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok so there is a vt guy moved out to Arizona .. he had some in the spring I think his name was Chris Williamson if nobody knows him try a wanted ad in Arizona Craigslist ... just a thought

1 - 11 of 11 Posts