Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my 84 Turbo non intercooled into a intercooled one I have an intercooler and some other stuff so here is what I need. BTW all this stuff has to be from an intercooler car already except for the rubber bellows. Thanks in advance. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I really don't want to buy stuff from UK.

-Rubber bellows from an Automatic (one that doesn't have the hole in it from the decel. valve)
-Intake pipe AKA Turbo inlet pipe and the connector that connects that to the turbo.
-Rubber connector from the intercooler pipe to the throttle body
-Intercooler mounting brackets (top and bottom)

Thanks again guys. I hope some of you guys can come through for me.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I have MOST EVERYTHING you'd ever need to make it intercooled - I have all the workings from my 86 SPG I will be selling - if you wanna send me an offer I'd be happy to get you a shipping quote. Include Pipes - Rubber Boots - Clamps - Hoses - Diverter Valve - IC - and w/e is standard. I have a ball park figure in mind - if you come close to it I'll sell. I know about what it's all worth in e-bay $'s - but I will make deals to TSL users. So make me an offer!! I gotta move this stuff anyways. :roll:

Also - welcome to TSL - glad to see another new user. Hope you enjoy yourself here! Do tell us more about yourself and your Saab! Pictures are reccomended of the car. (you are optional) :p

·
7,595 Posts
I have everything you will need too. what I would do (as you have ab 8 valver) is first off get that intercooler in there. then, add a boost and air-fuel-ratio gauge. after you get that in, it's safe to play with the APC's. check out how to mod the old pre 1986 boxes here-- www.900aero.com
You might want to add an APC from a 1985 16 valve 900 turbo, because that will give you more boost right off the bat. (I have those as well). after you have done that, adjust your base boost. the US spec cars were set at about 5 PSI, the euro ones at about 6. a safe setting is between the 6-7 range. 5 is just too low for most cars. "base boost" is the base setting on the wastegate that the turbo will run assuming that there was no APC connected. the function of the APC is to hold the wastegate closed (more boost) by means of monitoring the engine through a knock sensor and pressure transducer. if the knock sensor senses knock, it will drop the boost, and it monitors the charge through the pressure transducer. I left out a few parts for simplicity sake, but that's the basic idea. you can also mod the APC to hold more boost, increase the rise rate, etc. before that, you would need to get the K-jet system to add more fuel (it maxes out around 13 PSI) but we can talk about that later. K-jet upgrades get complex but can be done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey DeLorean the way it looks right now is I might need the rubber bellows and mounting brackets still. If you have those let me know and then we can work something out. Thanks :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts