Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just bought a 9000 Aero as my secondary car that I will be refurbishing and bringing it back to a clean 9000.

Current specs are:
1995 9000 Aero
148k Miles

The good:
New HG @ 127k
New clutch @ 144k
$4,100 spent in last 2 years

Past 2 years these parts were replaced:
- Brakes (F + R) rotors + pads)
- TCS system is working and was went through a couple years ago they replaced TB + sensors etc.
- Fuel Pump replaced
- Tires
- New crank seal
- New rear engine mount
- New lower engine mount
- Passed NYS inspection 12/10/2020
- Drives smooth

The Bad:
- Paint is poor 2/10
- Rust on all 4 fenders
- Clunk on decel (betting it’s subframe bolts)
- Tach / boost gauge don’t work
- Doesn’t seem to be fully boosting
- Drivers cushion needs renewal (no rips but after 3 hour drive you could tell
It needs replacement)
- Cracked dash
- Needs Radiator (tiny crack by where upper rad hose connects)

I describe this car to other people as: Diamond in the rough because it is a solid car that has been taken care of mechanically by the owners. Cosmetically well it’s lacking to say the least lol. (Stickers as SAAB emblems, Duct tape, and some super glue and pins to fix interior bits!) She spent a bunch of money on the car and it needed a person like me to bring it back to it’s glory.

I need parts! If you have a 9000 or know someone that has a parts car, please contact me!

Parts I need:

-Corner lenses (L + R) amber or clear
-Passenger side headlight
-Front fenders (L + R) silver preferred but any color will do
-Crack free dash
-Hazard switch in dash
-Antenna
-Interior dome light
-9000 aero front lip/spoiler (mine is in poor shape and from CSE I believe)
-Stock exhaust downpipe and flex pipe
-Dash air vent control knobs (all)
-Tachometer (will take full cluster but just need Tach)
- Red DIC

I am interested in any 9000 Performance parts or any SAAB accessories.

Mainly (exhaust,turbo,intercooler, poly bushings, etc)

I am local to Philadelphia,PA.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
the TCS system will likely fight you the faster you try to make it. even though the system is currently working i would do a TCS delete to it before it stops working. ( it will also make it faster)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the plan, but I need to find parts to do it.

The TCS system was gone through in August 2018 by Swedish Motors in Poughkeepsie NY.

Currently the 1st order of business is to replace the Radiator (small crack). And fix clunking on decel (tighten subframe bolts). Then fix passenger window, then passenger seat.

Then bumpers will be pulled and rust will be grinded down and treated. And replacing small interior bits that are broken.

The TCS isn't the first thing on the list, but it's definitely the most complicated.

I've heard you need:

Non TCS ECU (or retune by you)
Non TCS throttle body
Non TCS brake and gas pedal
Non TCS wiring harness
Maybe Non TCS brake booster ?

Are there any other parts I would need? Currently searching for a parts 9000 so I can pick and pull but they are few and far in between.

the TCS system will likely fight you the faster you try to make it. even though the system is currently working i would do a TCS delete to it before it stops working. ( it will also make it faster)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.