Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the "new" ng out tonite after block sealing the head gasket - WOW - never knew these cars had soo much go stock. Makes my 9000 seem sluggish :lol: Well - I think after all the fluids are flushed again - the car will be mechanicaly sound - tires and alignment too of course - and then I'll play with the air intake - the car really doesn't need any other forms of mods. Afterall - this is my moms car :p

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
see, all those people who hate on "GM" saabs... they are not so bad afterall. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
abdukted1456 said:
see, all those people who hate on "GM" saabs... they are not so bad afterall. :lol: :wink:
I like the Japanese Transmission the most - but atleast it's still a Saab motor - but the seats lack plush leather apeal - but are still comfy none the less - should make it's way to a nice driver one of these days :p

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well - the head gasket needs to get done - went to move it tonite - low coolant light was back on - dry as a bone and the spot was green with coolant where it was leaking before... so - looks like it NEEDS the head gasket - I hope the head isn't warped or cracked too badly - if it is - it's going to get a 2.3 head. :roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The reason why the 900ng is so spunky is that Saab/GM have pulled the oldest trick in the book - the stuffing of the larger engine from the 9000 into a smaller and lighter 900ng.
And the 2.3 N/A is fast ,IMO,- almost as fast as the Passat V6. I have owned both, both are good, but the '93 Passat was hurt by the very much of a PITA, the automatic safety harness.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the stuffing of the larger engine from the 9000 into a smaller and lighter 900ng.
that's not the case with burns saab

his is a 2.0 T

not a 2.3 N/A

2.3T 900s or 9-3s do not exist (in the stock form)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Then comes the 2.3T in the 9-3.. And The viggen was born 8)

You are right on about the gearboxes. Best thing for auto saabs. Just look at the new 9-5 5speed auto holds the same torque as the manual!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Peregrine said:
Not you Burnsy! ;)

DeLorean said:
my OG would dust it off like it was standing still :lol:
Ok you can line up with DeLorean and my C900 T16 and lets have some fun!! I love my 9-3 but it lacks the raw real SAAB feel my C900 has and the 9-3 does not handle as well as the old girl does either!!

Going geek now but in the words of Han Solo " She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts