Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? guys I don't know what to do about this situation, any advice is welcomed.

I "purchased" a 9-2x two weeks ago on the last Sat. of May. I was told it would arrive the next Sat. - it didn't, then the next Tues.- no show, next thurs. NO now I'm told next Tues. for sure. Thing that bothers me is they never called to let me know what was going on, i had to call and go there myself.
Now there are these tremendous discounts even better than last month? ahhhhh, don't know what to do. Should I ask for the prices of this month?... can I? Should I ask for anything because of the inconvenience.

thanks,

ps. I was told a $1K check was to be held for commitment purposes, and that it wouldn't be cashed... it was

by the way the current deal I have is $20,721 for blk 5spd with cold and ss with momo knob and install

·
Registered
299 Posts
no harm in asking right. :) you should go and bitch about how dissapointed you were with their seivice and demand this months discount :D

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
turbokick said:
no harm in asking right. :) you should go and bitch about how dissapointed you were with their seivice and demand this months discount :D
And if they give you shit, tell them that you're taking delivery THIS month, so the discount should apply. And if it doesn't... make sure you're fully insured and then drive the damn thing through the dealership window, and buy one somewhere else... where you can drive it off the lot instead of get dicked around with. Sounds like typical dealer bullshit to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right guys, I'll let you know how it goes, I'll just go in there and give them a piece of my mind. I guess the only thing I am afraid of is that I will have problems when I go back for car service and need a loaner and stuff.

rcmdesign... were you being sarcastic, not offended just wanted to gain true perspective

thanks

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
loburon said:
right guys, I'll let you know how it goes, I'll just go in there and give them a piece of my mind. I guess the only thing I am afraid of is that I will have problems when I go back for car service and need a loaner and stuff.
Man, I wouldn't ever let them see the thing again. There must be another dealer near you, is there anything saying you have to take it back to that particular dealer for service?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Guru brings up a good point, if you wanted to buy a car in May and get May incentives, you'd have to take delivery in May or they wouldn't valid. If May was 5K more than June and you took June delivery, you could be damn sure the dealer wouldn't hold them over for you. The same should apply in reverse.

If things continue to get sticky don't hesitate to call your bank and see what you can do about the check (may want to find out anyway) and call Saab USA to alert them to the issue.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
What Dealership was this?! We still have 2 or 3 FRESH Arrival 9-2X's on our lot - we've sold like 6 of them so far - and all the other "local" dealers have traded us theirs for like 9-3's and such since we're the main dealership moving them currently. You should damand that lower price or demand the extended warrenty - not that those 9-2's need much more then an oil change every 5K..... they've been more reliable then then 9-5's so far... not that we have a large # to compare with.... :roll: I say they dicked you - time for you to dick them. The Code of Hammurabi should apply 8)

·
Registered
654 Posts
im not even kdding, you need to be upfront and demanding.. ESPECIALLY if that part about them not cashing the $1000 check is in writing

and i second the motion about notifying the SAAB USA thing. this is a problem

is this a big dealersip with tons of cars or is it some little place owned by a 50 year old guy who smokes all the time?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate the support guys. This is a "real" Saab dealership, not a big one but it looks official, it's called Flikkema Saab in Lansing IL. No unfortunately I asked for it to be, but he said, "I give you my word". See the whole thing goes like this. I found out about the deals going on last month kind of late and tried to hurry in to take advantage of the huge markdowns. They didn't have a car on the lot but got a VIN from one and ordered it. I was told that I needed to give them a $1000 check to show I was seriously interested and that it was nonrefundable as long as they got the car I wanted (this was after we negotiated on a price).
So I did all that because they supposedly had no guarantee or word from Saab that any incentives would continue the following month. I signed an order form that had all the preliminary numbers on it but isn't final because it only has the $1000 not the total down payment I plan on giving.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
if the $1000 dollar deposit deal isnt in writing, forget about arguing with them about that. did they draft a written statement for when the car would be delivered? if so, then they are in the wrong, if not, then theres not much you can do about that either. i would be pretty happy about 20k out the door for a brand spanking new 9-2x i assume aero, i dont remember if you posted what trim it was. if there is another stealer close by take it to them for service, if not, im afraid you are stuck with these guys, and you should be as civil as you can be whiule you attempt to get what you want. you never want to burn bridges if you dont have to.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
in agreement with mg_td - I also suggest that if you want to get ANYTHING outta this - try for an extended warrenty - dealer would be more acceptable to that then losing cash :roll:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
you dont have to find another saab dealership to get it serviced do you?? Couldnt you take it to your local subaru dealership????

i hate getting screwed over...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts