Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 900 se 2.0 5sp convt.

So does anyone knopw where i can get a wiring diagram online for free? or should i just go to the libary and fire up the micro?

OR help me,
1. front fog lights that dont work (fuse good) the rear fogs work. I also have only one HB (pass side) (fuses good). (lights on the dash buttons come on for the front but not the rear fogs, yet the rears work)

2. My heater blows but not very hard, it does go from low sp to high sp, do saabs not have the best blowers? The heat is not the hottest(does warm the car, but when i take it from HI to 82degrees you notice it. I also have the in car temp unplugged because of the noise it makes when you turn the car off.

3. Driver side seat warmer doesnt work, the light comes on but no heat.

4. Rear defroster doesnt work.

5. last night its was 37 degrees out and the car ran little bit colder then normal, is this normal? can i block off some of the radiator to keep her a little bit warmer? I have done that with my trucks. but i have read that saabs are pretty picky in the car world.

All fuses are good so where else do i look? relays seem to work ie. you get a quick dim or can hear a tick when you turn something on, like the rear defrost.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
95 900 se 2.0 5sp convt.

So does anyone knopw where i can get a wiring diagram online for free? or should i just go to the libary and fire up the micro?

OR help me,
1. front fog lights that dont work (fuse good) the rear fogs work. I also have only one HB (pass side) (fuses good). (lights on the dash buttons come on for the front but not the rear fogs, yet the rears work)

did you check the bulbs?

2. My heater blows but not very hard, it does go from low sp to high sp, do saabs not have the best blowers? The heat is not the hottest(does warm the car, but when i take it from HI to 82degrees you notice it. I also have the in car temp unplugged because of the noise it makes when you turn the car off.

do yououy have air coming out of the proper vents or does it seem like it is say stuck on your feet and not coming at your face?

check the pass side mirror defrost wiring for a short, that was my issue and as soon as i snipped power to the mirror my rear defrost came back. i was also blowing fuses tho

5. last night its was 37 degrees out and the car ran little bit colder then normal, is this normal? can i block off some of the radiator to keep her a little bit warmer? I have done that with my trucks. but i have read that saabs are pretty picky in the car world.

sounds like you need to change the thermostat

All fuses are good so where else do i look? relays seem to work ie. you get a quick dim or can hear a tick when you turn something on, like the rear defrost.

·
Registered
130 Posts

I just had to rewire mine for the state inspection. There is another switch that fits the connection at the dash to check the switch. Seat heater (?) Another trick is to make long tester wires to run current from the battery directly to each light.

Also, check for corrosion in each light.

I ended up having to rewire from the relay to each light. I just used quick connectors.

Saabs have notoriously hot heat so check your coolant and all its potential troubles.

What, you expect them to work? Are you better than us?

Just kidding. Very common. Probably the wires in the seat. Have to take the seat cover off and look for the burn/short spot(s). Just connect them together. Or put in a patch.

FYI: large dogs are notorious for the wires early demise. High psi from paws.

Check your coolant lines, thermostat, heater core, coolant level, & your wallet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all bulbs where good and checked for power in all fuses where good. however on the common out there was no power. relay out?
Coolant is good still want to flush before winter hits.

ill check all other area tonight. thanks for the help

·
Registered
303 Posts
The lack of a one high beam (if the fuses and high beam relay check out) could be the light control relay. A soldering iron and 10 minutes is a cheap and easy fix. Just did this one myself last week. Swap the high beam relay with the other one in there with the same # on it and see if the does anything. Then you should know for sure.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is also one or two other relays you can swap to test them. Make sure you test for juice going into the relay.

Just because your coolant is good doesn't mean it is flowing correctly. Could have a plugged heater core. But you should also have good air flow so could be the air mixer is jammed so it isn't opening right or not connected at all.

Might you have ACC? Could even be a messed up ACC unit.

Because Saabs run so hot you shouldn't cover any part of the radiator, grille included.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have that automated heater thing and there is no snowflake button. ill give her a flush out this weekend and check the thermostat

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
That little fan you unplugged senses the interior cabin temperature. Pull it out blow it off and add some 3 in 1 oil and plug it back in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so is there any wiring diagram of these things on the web? or anyone have any or should i go to the libary fire up microfich and get some copys on here???? would that also count as my good deed of the year?

·
Registered
130 Posts
What you probably are looking for is the Saab WIS-Workshop Information System. You can find them online but it is difficult. You can find them on ebay.
Technically, they are property of Saab so it really isn't legal to distribute. Which is why those of us that have them don't openly sell copies...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts