Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove a fuse terminal in the fusebox by the door to replace a connection I accidentally severed flush with the rear of the box. I bought a universal GM terminal remover "Lisle 14900" and it sucks. The dealer recommended part number 85 80 151... for the wonderful price of $338 http://saab.spx.com/detail.asp?id=198. So does anyone have any tools for this kind of stuff? If so, what is, where did you get it, and how much did it cost? I'd love NOT to order something if possible, but will if necessary. I also have another connection I need to replace in the DICE unit connector, so this would be very helpful in that respect. TIA.

·
Registered
252 Posts
working with electronics and computers back in the day i always used a micro slotted screw driver to push the little tabs in. it worked better than anything else i could find or had used

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That works fine on the fusebox side of things, fortunately, but not so much on the DICE connector. The terminals are too small for any slotted screw driver I believe, even a 000. I tried using a bobby pin and a needle, but they're not strong enough to withstand any flex. The quest continues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.