Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was assigned the task of getting a winter setup for my parents new 9-5 within X budget. So i went with some Moda rims and Blizzak lm60's

They wouldn't have anything to do with gunmetal or black rims so i chose a satin finish, i think they look pretty nice, i'll post more pics once they are on the car.

Unfortuanetly they either scratched the rim during mounting and balancing or shipping, so i'll have to take that up with tire rack tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are 18's, they aren't my first choice but given the budget constraints and requirements i took the risk. There were a nice set of gunmetal enkeis that i wanted to do but that got shot down. They wouldn't even let me do the machined finish with the insides of the spokes painted black... I'm hoping they atleast look decent, and not horrible, if i get to that level, i'll be ok.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah if it were my car i would have some black multispokes (found one that were 115 a wheel) but the primary driver is my mother, and she says black wheels are too "gangster", these were like 130 each.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I actually like the way they look but...

<---- Scratching head....

Why 18s? Why not 16s and a tall, grippy tire?

EDIT: Or use the 18s for summer and run winter rubber on the stock rims...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually like the way they look but...

<---- Scratching head....

Why 18s? Why not 16s and a tall, grippy tire?

EDIT: Or use the 18s for summer and run winter rubber on the stock rims...
I don't think you can go smaller than 17" because of the brakes. It would look horrible with lighter finish 17's, the car is too big.

These will grip fine, they have plenty of tread depth

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got the wheels mounted, i'll update with pics later.

Apparently tirerack wouldn't allow an exchange if the wheels had been mounted and it couldn't wait (might have something to do with the current snow storm dropping a foot) so they sold me a spare for half price and free shipping, i figure it will come in handy eventually.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
That kind of makes sense, and not really a bad deal either. Of course if the damage was more significant it probably wouldn't be a good enough fix.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i have touch up paint thats similar in color so i'll just touch it up. It was only ~65 bucks so i feel like it was a fair deal. The other option they had given was the same amount refunded on the initial purchase.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm not normally a black wheel person either, but those gunmetal ones were pretty nice.

I'm up @ my place in State College so i had my dad send some pics now that they are on. I'll get some good ones when i drop in on them this weekend. He says they look better in person, we'll see.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i think it will work out ok, i won't lie i was a little worried, using their thing on the site to see what it looks like doesn't always pan out well, as i've learned in the past.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts