Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Truly incredible video! Some of those low fly bys over the mountains and trees are fucking CRAZY. I would love to try one of those out. Song is good too.

Next question...

Where the hell do I sign up?! Can't even begin to imagine what your heart rate must be for that entire trip down!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Saw this a couple days ago. Love this to no end! Ill have to find the other vid where they fly past the overlook by the road. The other video has onboard and from the outlook prospectives. Simply amazing stuff!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't stop watching...
Me either. I can't even imagine what that would feel like. I have so many questions, most starting with "how..."

Like when he drops into the canyon at 3:20... Holy fuck. :shock:

·
User
9,193 Posts
I want to know how you "practice"... The speed they're going and the distance between them and the objects they're flying past are unbelievable. I can't even process it.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep and how they plan their lines, too. They have to pick slopes that match their descent rate window, since they are gliding at the mercy of their forward momentum.

And when they go between the tall tree and the rock face!

Has it been done yet where someone has landed without a chute? If there was a slope of snow that was just the right angle, their suit could handle the friction, and they didn't tumble, it's not too far out of the realm of possibility.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Dayuum! I wonder what kind of photos the guys at 1:15 got. They were standing right there. Looks like his helmet came off. Lucky his head wasn't still in it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.