Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I'm on route to Santa Montica and I need someone to suggest a place where I can change my windshield (or at least repair it). Darn it, I don't even know how much it is... I do know that my insurance won't cover it though.

I was changing the wipers when the damn thing slipped out of my hand and bang!!

Crack is growing by 1/16" every 50 miles so I'm not really worried, but I know I have to change it. I'd prefer to do this in a big city (like LA) or somewhere on route (old 66, curently in Missuri).

Any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
This happened to my Audi S4 before they even delivered it to me when they were doing the PDI. Cracked it from header to sill right down the middle....

Delayed delivery by a week. I was SO pissed.

Any glass repair shop should be able to fix it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually there is a crack which is now about 7" long... I'm going for a replacement. Can anyone suggest a shop in LA?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, change of plans... I went outside to check on it and it almost reached the roof... I made an appointment with Safelite.com in freaking Tulsa, OK for Friday where I hope I'll be...

$237.00 + tax must have been the most expensive blades I've installed :mad:

But thanks for the info! I'll need a check on my car before I start driving back to AL.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Next tim ehead right to a parts store and buy the permatex kit and fix it youreself, its like 10 bucks works fine and you are on your way in an hour

Sorry you need the glass tho, call your insuracne maybe it was probably a "rock" and not your mistake that caused it tho

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
If you have a decent insurance company - see if you have glass coverage, if not add it. There is a $0 dedeuctible and they will either fix it if it can be, or replace at NO COST to you and your rates are not affected - ever, by this.

AAA also does glass replacements now and I've found they are the next cheapest to nothing....

·
Registered
890 Posts
I changed my collision to $0 deductible on comprehensive (acts of nature, like rocks hitting windshields, animals, etc), and $600 comprehensive for collision. My premium stayed about the same, and I'll get free windshield replacements. Last year I had to spend $350 for a windshield for a Subaru Forester because I hit a humongous owl on the road.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it's strange with my insurance because I got it before I even got my US driver's license so it's a package that I can't change or if I do it'll cost me a fortune, because I am considered a new driver :(

I'll check with AAA too.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts