Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friends ng is having a lack of windshield washer fluid through the hood sprayers. Instead its putting all the fluid out behind the grill out of a black and red plastic thing..the car has the headlight wiped/washersas well...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm not sure I fully understand the problem but replace all the red and black check valves with vacuum "t"s. The check valves stop the fluid from running back into the resevoir, but generally fail and piss all the fluid out the hole in them or stop the flow altogether.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
x2 on the check valves. I would replace all of them or just eliminate the headlight wiper 'circuit' altogether.

·
Registered
287 Posts
x2 on the check valves. I would replace all of them or just eliminate the headlight wiper 'circuit' altogether.
Wouldn't be a good idea if you live where I am, and I quote from another member who said it correctly:

Well the only problem for Unreal2004 is that he lives in a fascist country that has some seriously uptight vehicle laws that are not consumer friendly. Essentially, their laws are only there to benefit parts sellers and repair shops. He is certainly better off just going with the same setup he has, rather than somehow offend the car nazis there.
Just make sure you can disable that washer circuit, if you have as bad of laws about such things as I do here then you cant and they could ticket you for it at the side of the road if the cop was having a bad day. Damn I miss the days of living in the US and could rip the cat of my truck and the air pump as well :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm wondering how anyone would even know that the car should have headlight sprayers, and why would they care if they work or not? If you pinch the hose that leads to the headlight sprayers, that cuts them off. I know for residential flower watering systems, they sell a clip that holds a small hose in the bent-over position to pinch off the line. One of those would probably work to seal off the headlight sprayers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm wondering how anyone would even know that the car should have headlight sprayers, and why would they care if they work or not? If you pinch the hose that leads to the headlight sprayers, that cuts them off. I know for residential flower watering systems, they sell a clip that holds a small hose in the bent-over position to pinch off the line. One of those would probably work to seal off the headlight sprayers.
Not to make this a big deal but the police here would send your car to an immediate inspection if they thought something was wrong (like dirty headlights or one clean one dirty), also here in europe 90% of the cars have headlight squirters/and or wipers so its very common here in Austria. On that solution you could do that and I think it would work well, they also make those hose shut offs (think like they use in a hospital) with the little wheel that rolls over the hose etc.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Not to make this a big deal but the police here would send your car to an immediate inspection if they thought something was wrong (like dirty headlights or one clean one dirty), also here in europe 90% of the cars have headlight squirters/and or wipers so its very common here in Austria. On that solution you could do that and I think it would work well, they also make those hose shut offs (think like they use in a hospital) with the little wheel that rolls over the hose etc.
In the US they might do that if you have a rocket launcher on your roof but headlamp washers are uncommon in the US still. Police will stop you for a headlight that does not come on, but the only time you might have a problem with a malfunctioning washer would be when you have your annual safety inspection, and that's assuming that your state cares about every piece of equipment working right... or has inspections at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts