Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the legal details on tinting windows? And what are the general cost ranges for it to be done well? Assuming it's done on the four dour windows and then whatever slight tint is legal for the windshield.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Okay here in Utah you can have 45% on the front and limo on the back. Those are how dark you can go. Look below at my car and you'll see those tints on my car. It costed me about 150-160 $ I bet you could go darker like maybe 35 in the front and get away with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too interested in black windows, just darker, I have the dark blue color for the exterior and tan for interior... and something to match the exterior of the car would be nice.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
youre gonna want to check your local laws about window tinting, its something that varies from state to state. I know that here in NY for example youre only allowed like 35% tint on the rear windows, less on the front side and only the top of the windsheild can be tinted (theres a specific size, but that escapes me right now). You gotta keep in mind that sometimes tint can get you pulled over alot more often, and when you get pulled over it makes the cops a bit more edgy since they cant see what youre doing while they approach your car... just something to consider, i know theres a town nearby me thats imfamous for pulling people over for tint and giving big tickets as well as making them remove the tint :shock: .

but any decent window tinting shop should be able to tell you whats legal in your area.

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
I have never liked the idea of heavy window tint myself, I like to be able to whip around in heavy city traffic at all hours, and be able to see 100% for example, I was out on broad street today in rush hour traffic heading into the burbs. average drive time in that situation is about 45 min's to an hour. I did it in 20 :shock:

Damn, parking lanes come in handy!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yall can have your light tinted windows.... I think the limo tint adds an executive aspect to the car. It also adds to the element of my car. WOuld I have gone with red tint? Not in a million years. I'd say go with what you want and try to keep it legal cause they will test it. I as of yet still have not been pulled over for it. My blue turn signals yes but not for the tint.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
speaking of colored tint:

I keep seeing some dude with a bright red (like a Ferrari) Lexus. That looks stupid enough, but to top it off it had red tint and bling blling chrome rims at least 18 or 19's. yuck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah I am not all for the colored tint. Haven;t seen a car yet that looks good with it on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can never seem to respect people with colored tint, cause every time I see it it reminds me of the time I saw a 92 gold maxima with pink tint that had started to bubble and chrome hubcap spinners. It doesn't get much more laughable then that... there is a green civic coupe in town that has green tint, but that still looks odd. Wouldn't looking out the windows make everything that color? That would just be unbearable. Im suprised to hear that it only cost you 160$ for that tint Osiris, thats a nice looking job. The 160 included the back window? I may have to get my car done soon...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah it included my back window. I did it through a performance shop and they outsource to a tint place in town that gives discounts because of how much business Laketown send their way. My friends laughed at me for paying 160 when they only payed like 145 at some other place. I put them in their place easily after I pointed out they had 2 dorrs cars where mine is 4 and they had to wait 5-7 days befor ethey could roll down their windows. The place that did mine used a very nice glue that only required 2 days.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Shit I paid $258.64 for my tint. 35% front two windows, 5% (LIMO) all rear windows, 5% brow on windshield...And I had to wait 5-7 days, probably left the windows up longer than that since it was the colder months and I didn't need to roll em down :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Which once again proves it a universal truth that it's not what you know but who you know that gets you discounts and special treatment. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts