Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
link

Pretty sure I've seen this on someone's NG or 9-3...but can someone confirm this will work before I throw down on it? Thanks...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, I think I'll snag this one and get started making my engine bay not look disgusting...

Hey Palmer, what kinda delivery pipe you runnin' there? I'm slowly sprucing up/cleaning up my bay, but with t5 I'm not sure what to do about it...the aluminum on mine is all gross looking and the previous owner dented it somehow...so...everyone, show me yours...!

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Hey Palmer, what kinda delivery pipe you runnin' there? I'm slowly sprucing up/cleaning up my bay, but with t5 I'm not sure what to do about it...the aluminum on mine is all gross looking and the previous owner dented it somehow...so...everyone, show me yours...!
DIY:

Here is a thread:
http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25220&highlight=supply

I dunno, there is probably better places to spend your time. I don't see this making a difference on any stock turbos.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
.the aluminum on mine is all gross looking and the previous owner dented it somehow
Take it off, degrease it, scuff it up a bit with some sand paper and just spray it using high temp engine paint. Like palmer said increasing the size or doing anything to it, on a stock or relatively stock car won't do anything and you'll just be wasting your time and energy.

I also sent you a pm about the valve cover. Let me know if you want it, i can have it out to you asap

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it's just one of those lingering things that's gonna be the last shitty looking thing left in the bay. I would paint it except it quite literally has a huge dent right on top front and center from the P.O. I had to pull my manifold and turbo due to a broken exhaust stud while I was doing suspension/oil pan related crap, so I cleaned up well, repainted black parts, polished up some of the aluminum lines with sandpaper/steel wool and clear coated, painted the manifold/head/dp with POR20 etc. I replaced most of the coolant rubber as well since I split two lines last summer...figured it was about due. Things actually look semi-decent now.

I'm pretty much down to painting/installing a new valve cover, throwing on some new vac lines and a BPV, and assembling the CAI I have lying around for final engine bling bling. Probably won't get around to a better turbo (those crush washers gave me a hell of a time on reinstall of the regular turbo, blegh) or FMIC till next summer since I basically spent the summer buttoning up the suspension/braces and doing preventative crap. What's the difference between the plastic t7 pipes and the t5 pipe? I would imagine from what I've read the plastic pipe would heat soak less but obviously more of you guys would be running it if it was just a case of easy swap. Perhaps a closer look at my sister's 9-5 is in order...can't say I honestly ever paid much attention to it. I'm always interested to add a few style points if it's not too difficult, but spending $texas on tubing for no real benefit obviously makes no sense, as everyone's pointed out...I'd be better served spending that in other places...still wish I had some tubing lying around though. Haha.

Moreboost, I'm droppin' you all kinds of PMs regarding that cover.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, PS. While I'm in here on about this crap...I've got to get in around the TB and finish rewrapping/fixing up the wires I had to splice from the broken o2 leads...I was putzing around Eric's site and under misc cooling items he listed a thick plastic spacer between intake manifold/TB. Does anyone actually do this? Is it worth fooling around with while I've got the TB pulled for cleaning? What do you use? Plex? Lexan? Unobtanium?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts