Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these tires fit on my c900, 15' directional rims with 195/65-15's on em.
Obviously the rims will be fine, but the tires have me concerned about clearance. Im running 195/60-15's I'm pretty sure.
I don't love the look of directions, but they're better than my current ones that make the car look like an old man's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, its a 1990. And so I don't have to be concerned about the 195/65? (I have no idea what the 65 is for haha)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
65 are a bit taller but it should work fine. I had 65's on mine before withno issues, but if your 60's ever rub, these are not going to work. (suspension issues)
Nah, my 60's don't rub. Good to know, and thanks paul.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I may be mistaken on this, but I'm pretty sure that design of 15" wheel was offered on both the 900 and the 9000, in which case the two versions will probably have different offsets. So basically, if those are 9000 wheels you may have rubbing issues in the back with a high sidewall like that. You should be fine if they are c900 wheels.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eeeeeek, they are currently on a 9000.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
Well if the tires are already on the wheels, try putting one or both on the back, and see what happens. Have someone sit in the back seat when you try it, too. Sometimes they'll only rub when people/luggage are in the back.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm 99% sure that they were the same offset going from the 900 to the 9000.

Regardless, methinks they'll fit fine.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
Not sure about that. IIRC Delorean at one point had 9000 15" wheels on the back of a c900 that he took down to Russ Parson's swindling yard, and he was getting severe rubbing with a fully loaded trunk. I don't remember which wheels they were, but the point is that at least that set of 9000 15" wheels has the wider offset, like the super aeros I have do. So it's likely the slicers do as well.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
The 9000 directionals are a wider wheel than the c900 directionals. The picture that the OP posted is a 900 wheel. The ones on the car picture are a 9000 wheel. You can see that they have a deeper inset. I've run 195/65's on 900 directionals and never had an issue other than they look baloonish (they came on a set of wheels I purchased, so I ran them). Running 65's on the wider directionals may actually be better because they won't be as tall because of the wider rim.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The 9000 directionals are a wider wheel than the c900 directionals. The picture that the OP posted is a 900 wheel. The ones on the car picture are a 9000 wheel. You can see that they have a deeper inset. I've run 195/65's on 900 directionals and never had an issue other than they look baloonish (they came on a set of wheels I purchased, so I ran them). Running 65's on the wider directionals may actually be better because they won't be as tall because of the wider rim.
Very interesting. Jeff Powell's Saab wheel database doesn't differentiate between the two.

http://jpowell.tripod.com/saab-wheels/#directional

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Just checked some wheels I've got on hand; 9000 directionals are ET 33 and are 6" wide, 900 directionals are ET 40 and are 5.5" wide. Both are 15" wheels. As is evidenced by Saabeh's pic, they'll fit fine. I actually ran 1 9000 wheel on my car at one point until I noticed that it was different than the others. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, thanks for all the feedback guys. I won't buy them this weekend unless I know they fit of course.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
that's the same exact thing I run on my stock c900, they will definitely fit.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Threw on the rims/wheels just the other day, loving the look, as well as no rubbing or anything, just filled up the space pretty much. I'll post pics then too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts