Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why the 2.0T has such a large oil capacity versus my Saab 9-5 with the 2.3t...? Figured someone would know...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Cooling, longer life, more odds of it not running out if it burns a little. Was needed for the 10K intervals. Along with special oil.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Almost all new model cars are going to larger capacity oil sumps and longer drain intervals, the V6 B284 in the 9-3 Aero takes almost 7 quarts of oil.

Old air cooled Porches have something like a 16 quart capacity depending on which cooler setup it comes with, and like 13-14 drains out when you change it. Makes for a pricey oil change, but you get the idea.

Drew

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
One of my BMWs required just over 6 quarts, and the other is nearly 8 quarts. Both are 2.5 liter motors. The factory OCI is 15,000 miles. You'll want plenty of oil in the car when going with a 15k OCI :lol: (I change at 7500-8000 miles)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Almost all new model cars are going to larger capacity oil sumps and longer drain intervals, the V6 B284 in the 9-3 Aero takes almost 7 quarts of oil.

Old air cooled Porches have something like a 16 quart capacity depending on which cooler setup it comes with, and like 13-14 drains out when you change it. Makes for a pricey oil change, but you get the idea.

Drew
Correct me if I'm wrong (but I'm pretty sure I'm not) the 2.0L is 6.3 Qts...

Oh and on Porsches, my dad's 928 takes 9 Qts...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It's something like that, and oil and filter change takes about exactly 6 quarts on re-fill, so with the extra oil left hanging out in there it's 6.3-6.5, something like that.

Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts