Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am having some major troubles with my 6 disc cd changer in the trunk of my 97 900s, and it's really annoying, it'll work fine once it's working, but after I shut off my car, and go into a store or in my house, or anything, and then come back and start up my car, my cd player wont work at all. I push the cd button on the headunit, and nothing happens, so, I sorta found a way to fix it, shut the car off completely and take the key out, then go eject the cd cartrage, then start the car back up, put the cartrage back in, then push the cd button and it'll work. One problem, now when I do that, it still wont work. This is really annoying, because they never play any good music that I like on the radio, can anyone tell me how to fix my cd player?

Also, when it is working, it'll skip a lot on bumps and stuff, how can I fix this?

~justin

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can check all of your wiring connections just to make sure they are all solid but from what you have described its most likely going to be a problem in the cd player or possibly the head is not reading somthing correctly for the cd player and is causing the problem

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
IF ya end up needing a CD changer - I have a Clarion 6 disc unit with cartridge that was benched checked and fully working. I bought it thinking I was going to put it in my Saab, but changed my mind on plans. The unit is essentially brand new, only had a few months of use before I bought it. It's a nice unit still in box! Has all the papers and wires. So if you're interested I'd take what I paid shipped.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very interested :p

make and model, year, and price.

~justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts