Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer Markup is one thing but this is just ridiculous. Its just a molded plastic piece! Anyone know a cheaper place to buy this phone mounting kit.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if anyone has any creative ways they have mounted their phone please share.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
you cant keep it in my room..there's a crazy monkey in my closet.....

yeah rip off..but they do look nice

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh can someone move this to the old 9-3 forum... thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
a very creative way.....duct tape :wink: :wink:
j/k......are you using a hands free kit? or are you just mounting the phone somewhere

i'm asking b/c if there's wires involved then placement becomes a bit more difficult trying to hide the lines.

i would recommend a cardboard casing around the cup holder beneath the SID....no one ever uses that darn thing and in my experience it doesn't work the cup holder that is....i already spilled a couple cups of coffee and other drinks in that frickin thing

so back to the point, make a cardboard casing around the cup holder and just sit your phone in there

you can even get really fancy use plexiglass from home depot, etc...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I guess it might be worth it to some people if you really want things to look stock or factory, to match and not look cheap. but I agree, that is a bit pricey for a hunk of plastic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Look at it from a business aspect. Ever hear of the $1 dollar camera ?
But there is a catch - for the $1 dollar price to be feasible ,one million camera must be manufactured.
And with a camera, that IS possible.
NOT possible with the luxury item (OPO - other people's opinion) , a cell-phone holder for a low production car.
That explains the $48 cost..

My opinion - Saab must be innovative, as they were at first.
The cell-phone ,soon to be a necessity for all car owners, should have been fully integrated into the vehicle by 2000, or at least by 2002.
BTW, I have one of those so-called cup-holder receptacles in my '96 900S - it should be deep than it is - a lousy design more befitting of General Motors than SAAB. The design problem is this : the entire car platform is too narrow by 50 mm, too short by 100 mm.
Much as the original 90 series was too small - the GM base(Opel Astra?) - a "newer" design, is the same way. For this, there is no excuse..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts