Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why in the world would some idiot in a ford explorer try to race me? this guy was tailgating me all the way up this big hill.... so i got into the other lane to let him by...

but half way up the hill we get caught at a light and this explore pulls up and revs like he is gonna try and cut me off ahead before the next intersection where it merges into one lane. he looks at me like I am driving a granny mobile.

green light. so I carefully but quickly got up to 30 without using full throttle, he is going balls out and he is pulling ahead. I did not go balls to the wall off the line because I would spin the wheels and the torque steer is dangerous on such a narrow road, i would have hit the guy. so then I dropped the hammer, and still I managed to break traction right away, :shock: :lol: tires squealing and spinning and torque steered so bad I swerved but i launched past this fool easily and gave him a goodwill sign language gesture. :lol: he did not tailgate me the rest of the way, I guess i won some respect.

funny how dumb SUV's always try to race me but ricers never do. :?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Cuz they think they are badasses in thier big ass honking truck-thing.
Had one try it on me, too.
Pulls up next to me. Looks over. He inches up.
We're at the same kind of deal...2 lanes about to become one.
He keeps inching forward at the red light...like he's saying "I'm going to be first onto the thruway"...
Um...not.
Just watch my STOCK 4 cyl turbo buddy, and get outta' my way.
Well, he actually kept up with me from the line.... but then WSSHSHSHSHSHSHSH
SEEYA!
He very quickly became a dot in my rearview. ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hate that. I hate it even worse when trucks try. Some guy in a ford f 350 thinks he is bad ass, but his car is slow. I forgot which on it is but the SUV that has a hemi.... only reason I would want tht car is for the engine. Then there is that dodge magnum. I wanna see how powerful that thing is. I bet I can beat it because the commercial for it has it racing a POS miata.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Osiris said:
I bet I can beat it because the commercial for it has it racing a POS miata.
I think in the commercial it is racing a Lotus Esprit?

it probably moves pretty nice with a big ol engine in there, but I would take a Saab over it any day. :wink: I do not like to pay 50 dollars to fill up at the pump.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
hey there....when im not driving my saab im usually in a saburban!! and i mash the fuck out of it....haha i drive it like my saab its fun...but yeah i try and race in it and i fish tail around evry corner!! hahaha

·
Registered
299 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
but yeah i try and race in it and i fish tail around evry corner!! hahaha
wait till you roll over then its real fun.

as for me i have allwas wanted to try to race a riced out civic or sumthing shit like that in my van :lol: 185hp 245tq v6 could prob take a civic. but i've never seen one somerwere we could race :(

o and completley off topic but my parents said if i get a 4.0 gpa they will get me a car :D :D :D :D but i dont think its gonna happen :( (its not my fault i'm dumb)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
turbokick said:
iwantaviggen said:
but yeah i try and race in it and i fish tail around evry corner!! hahaha
wait till you roll over then its real fun.
eh i know what im doing...when i was 16 i got arrested for donuts on a schools lawn....oops lots of community service hours!

o and completley off topic but my parents said if i get a 4.0 gpa they will get me a car :D :D :D :D but i dont think its gonna happen :( (its not my fault i'm dumb)
wow wish my parents would buy me shit....or well the did get my DP for xmas....but a car geezus! if i were you id try and figure out a way to get a 7.0gpa and then ask what you can have...maybe a house!!!....

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I had some guy in an older beater truck try to take me and my friend on (3 lane race off a light). My friend was in an old 4 door Cut (Cutlass), then the guy in his old Chevy C-10 , and me in the NG900 SET.

Well the truck and I of course roasted the old Cut, then at 3grand I stomped out the old Chevy. I was actually surprised that it kept up till 3grand...but then of course the turbo woke up and cleared out some space between the two other folks.

Pretty fun, but still trucks and SUVS don't have shit on charged Euro. :roll: :roll:

Anbody see that commercial about a Jeep Grand Cherokee out-accelerating a Porsche and some other car on a track? Then the Cherokee drives off the track and goes off-roading?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah I saw that commerical.... I wonder what it would say to the Porsche Cayanne... Probably would get slaugtered by the twin turbo v8 at the track.
I've driven my friends 5.9l v8 98 limited cherokee, and that thing is pretty fast... he's hit 120 in it on multiple occasions and has witnesses lol. I'm not a shitty gas mileage big car man myself, but it does feel kinda fun to drive them every once in a while

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iwantaviggen said:
wow wish my parents would buy me shit....or well the did get my DP for xmas....but a car geezus! if i were you id try and figure out a way to get a 7.0gpa and then ask what you can have...maybe a house!!!....
It's good to be rewarded but my parents didn't buy me stuff when i was good. looking back it taught me to work hard to earn things and take pride in what i have, since I worked for it and paid for it myself, I take better care of it.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blaque_Out said:
Anbody see that commercial about a Jeep Grand Cherokee out-accelerating a Porsche and some other car on a track? Then the Cherokee drives off the track and goes off-roading?
yeah, isn't is racing a BMW 3 and an Audi A4? And i was like, "yeah right" because the Jeep may have a huge engine but those little German machines would lose that thing as soon as a curve came up in the track... notice how they edit out the curvy bits and show mostly straightaway? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
352 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
Blaque_Out said:
yeah, isn't is racing a BMW 3 and an Audi A4? And i was like, "yeah right" because the Jeep may have a huge engine but those little German machines would lose that thing as soon as a curve came up in the track... notice how they edit out the curvy bits and show mostly straightaway? :lol: :lol:
it's racing a BMW 325xi and an audi TT (looks like a stretched out beetle)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabvos said:
it's racing a BMW 325xi and an audi TT (looks like a stretched out beetle)
ahhh i get it now, you pick two of the slowest german cars there are, and put the large engined SUV up against them :roll: gotta love the marketing...sad part is that it actually works :? .

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
stevehayes01 said:
The sad thing is I have been beat pretty badly by a Ford F-150 Lightning that had been to the ROUSH shop for about 10K or aftermarket tuning. I was in my 2000 9-3 HOT and I was pretty embarrassed until the guy showed me the dyno slip and it had 395RWH after that I didnt feel so bad! :p :p
yeah you do have to watch out for some of the new trucks, seems like they keep stuffing bigger and bigger motors in those things :roll: .

actually i had a run in with a Nissan Titan the other day in my moms 9000cs, wich is a tad on the slow side compared to most of our cars but usually can take care of most cars once it gets rollin. well this silly guy in the titan was in front of me and he kept gunning it real hard coming outta turns (of course he slowed down to like nearly nothing on the turns :roll: ) so finally i got an opportuinity to pass him and it was pretty damn difficult i was just barely pulling on the thing...actually had to back off cause i ran out of room :oops: . i think he got the idea that i was faster tho :wink: . kinda good that i backed off tho cause we were coming up on a group of cars...one of witch was a cop :shock: .

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
stevehayes01 said:
The sad thing is I have been beat pretty badly by a Ford F-150 Lightning that had been to the ROUSH shop for about 10K or aftermarket tuning. I was in my 2000 9-3 HOT and I was pretty embarrassed until the guy showed me the dyno slip and it had 395RWH after that I didnt feel so bad! :p :p
that's basically stock if it was a V8 Lightning... the Supercharged V8's can achieve 600bhp with a few modifications - then again - it's still a truck. They a ncie tho - for a FORD :roll: :p

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Anybody forget about the GMC Syclone? Or the Typhoon? The Syclone was benchmarked at 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds. That's faster than 99% of production cars made, and it's all-wheel drive. 280 bhp and 350 lb-ft torque. And that was 12 years ago!

A great article here: http://www.gmcturbo.com/GMCSycloneRoadTest.htm

·
Registered
292 Posts
On the subject of trucks alawys trying to race. I was messin around w/this one girl and here boyfriend didnt like it too much. So one day I was goin over to see my friend right after i got my resanator cut out and I saw him in his white Z71 with his "generic" chevy dual exhaust and his wal-mart jet black fake hood scoop. you all know what im talkin about haha. SO he is riding my ass through residental areas trying to piss me off. I wasn't going to do anyting about it but I finally had enough. So I pull out into a really wide 4 lane street, nice, flat, perfect for a nice american smack down. Thats when he decided to pass and by pass I mean race. when he tried to pass me I just pinned it in 2nd, and he caught up to me ..... Damn Spool up time...... :x so he was right next to me. I take it up to about 5grand doing about 50mph and shift into 3 by now hes still racing but not winning. :lol: we get up to about 70 in a 40 and I decide that is enough. but he still decides to win by passing me and throwing a rock up and chiping my wind sheild. :evil:...... What a sore loser.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts