Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my Saab c900 to school everyday. Most mornings I'm singing Saab's praises about something on my car or another one I've ridden in or driven. And everybody apart from like 5 kids at my school say "it's a foreign piece of crap, costs $500 to put in a dang bolt and they break down all the time, plus they're ugly and slow"

To this I usually say, are you kidding me? I could beat all of the cars here in the parking lot with my Saab (which probably isn't true because I have a '91 c900 N/A with 267k miles on it, but it's still a lot fast than a lot of cars there, except the teacher with the 9-5t.) Anywa, they just don't seem to like Saab's. I don't think it's foreign cars in general, because several of the kids drive Honda's and Toyota's and one drives a Nissan. The kid who drives a Nissan comes from a Saab owning family and he crashed his 9-3t into a telephone pole at 45 MPH earlier this fall, which is why he is still alive. He actually walked away from the crash and played in our soccer game that same afternoon. But he doesn't like 'em, his brother who is my class is among the few that do. I just don't get it.

If I had a 9000 Aero or a c900 SPG or turbo I would race all of 'em and beat them into the ground. Anyone else encounter this problem with high schoolers who are ignorant? Haha

·
Registered
897 Posts
meh.

fuck um. people dont know shit.

next time they talk smack just beat their ass.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, it's a Christian school!! ;-)

I love all of my friends at high school even the ones who don't know crap, but seriously it gets annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I used to run into the same thing when I was in high school with my Saabs. Those people are morons.

·
Registered
897 Posts
haha, it's a Christian school!! ;-)

I love all of my friends at high school even the ones who don't know crap, but seriously it gets annoying sometimes.
im sure jesus had to beat some ass every now and then. disciples get outta line.

SMACK!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
i don't think it's hate, but rather ignorance/lack of understanding.

just know you have better, more refined taste than they do. it's that simple.

sadly, most people (of all ages) don't pay attention to everything that's out there, they blindly follow fads, and are generally lazy when it comes to pursuing curiosities (if they have them at all).

do yourself a favor and keep that youthful curiosity of yours around as long as possible.

/jesus i sound old

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I had my spg in high school, some kid used to talk shit every day with his 2g gst eclipse, so i whooped his ass, then some other dude with a 95 mustang gt with a cowl hood so big that he hit something when turning because i didn't see it, i whooped his ass, so my car was downgraded from slow and ugly to ugly and unreliable. People are dumb, especially high school students (no offense). Tell em to shove it.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
most think they are ugly..... that's the biggest reason. I took my old SPG to several drivers schools & only a few car gatherings..... I heard many many times.... never been a saab fan, to ugly but yours look really good.

Reliability was part of the problem but most european stuff from the 90's & before wasn't reliable either.

The newer ones are a lot more generic looking so more people seem to be able to cope with their looks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
American cars are foreign pieces of crap too ;) Very foreign. (well to me anyways).

What's a "dang bolt"? Saabs don't have dang bolts tell them!

Who cares what they think... never heard anyone down here slagging off Saabs. Get better friends!

No need to race them to prove you have the bigger todger.

sab

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That sounds similar to what this kid at my high school who had a MKV GTI used to say about my ng900. He talked so much trash it was comical, yet when we finally ran and I toasted him and his APR stage 1 setup, that got rid of his smirk. I don't think Saabs are the pinnacle of automotive beauty, but they are still attractive. Sometimes, it takes owning one to find that out!

I have to be honest though, I actually enjoyed telling people "yeah, it's just an old Saab convertible" since most of the time, they were none the wiser about what really lay underneath the hood. Most of the turbo variants of Saabs have amazing bang for the buck with a few simple bolt ons and a tune.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Saab - the thinking man's BMW

who give's a shit what other ppl say about the car you drive - yes it's annoying at the stupidity of others and the ignorance, but in all honestly - when the end of the day comes and you get into your car, you are the one smiling at the end of the day. Let them drive their cheap, dainty econo shit boxes. Clearly they are what they drive.

No point in even trying to race them FYI - even if you had a faster car, it's just not worth it. If they want to see a fast Saab - that is what You Tube is for these days :) Let others show what these cars are capable of. And you really can't deny the 4 door c900 ugly factor - afterall, that is why it's so awesome in my book - they are so ugly they're awesome. (Again - they aren't the ugliest car by any means).

The ones which realize they are being fools will come around. I know when I went to Automotive school none of them "got it" but by time I was done - they almost all apriciated the brand, not saying any of them would go out and buy one - but they started to get it. A few of them still text me now and again when one rolls into their shops with problems.

Don't worry about it - just keep on driving.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
There are starving children in Africa who don't even get a shot at an education. Focus on school when you're at school, nobody important is going to give a shit what you drive.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are starving children in Africa who don't even get a shot at an education. Focus on school when you're at school, nobody important is going to give a shit what you drive.
Trust me I do focus on school. This is banter before school in the parking lot outside. We're all laughing when they're saying this stuff, but they are serious about it. But I can definitely cope with school, it would just be nice if someone else started driving a Saab.

And Burnside, I know they're not the best looking car, but there's just something about them that it drop dead gorgeous!! I think the 2-doors look much better that the 4-doors, especially an SPG!!

Good looking 4-door c900 (mine) :

An AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS SPG!!! (not mine, haha :():

you can see the difference!! haha, thanks guys!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
The sedans rule. I now have one as my only C900.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts