Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been on the boards here for about a month, but I've been noticing A LOT of fucking bullshit drama

Why?

We're all here for the same reason, to help others DIY each others cars and to get information.

So why fight about stupid bull shit like who is apart of which club, and which area are you from and retarded shit like that. Our manufacture of choice is going through a huge changeover right now, and we should help each other out instead of bicker like we're 12 years old.

Some people need to stop thinking their tough on the interwebz.

My $0.02 for the day, chances are I'll get flamed for this thread, but seriously .... Why all the bullshit for nothing? Not like it accomplishes anything at the end of the day

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Because it makes it fun and somewhat enjoyable.

The best went away with the last round of bannings.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I donno, its become common place, maybe boredom? the economy? Maybe its maturity? I figure as we all get older this place will eventually turn into Saabnet, only without the shitty posting system.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
TSL is only 5 years old. It's still having trouble regulating its periods.

For the record, I don't disagree that it's stupid, but this is the way it's pretty much always been and most forums are like this, maybe a little worse. Too much testosterone and not enough to do.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I've only been on the boards here for about a month, but I've been noticing A LOT of fucking bullshit drama FYI: You've been here since March, what makes THREE months, not one.

Why? It's all sarcasm+unethical jokes which are very funny

We're all here for the same reason, to help others DIY each others cars and to get information. Yes

Some people need to stop thinking their tough on the interwebz.
Please notice that most posts are from 9am-3pm and 7pm-11pm when they don't have anything to do and are killing their time with stupid posts like you mentioned.

My $0.02 for the day, chances are I'll get flamed for this thread, but seriously .... Why all the bullshit for nothing? Not like it accomplishes anything at the end of the day
Hopefully this thread won't end up with 1000 posts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive really only been on it for a month, i signed up three months ago when i seen rumours of a holseted saab ,,... sent a few pm's but never actually logged on and read the forums

maybe thats it ... i havent been on here long enough to know half of what it written is bullshit .... a filler for the day and not serious

·
Registered
373 Posts

That's true. I definitely enjoyed every off-topic thread being ripped to shreds by those who were most recently banned. :rolleyes: It was occasionally fun to read, but after while became just plain annoying.

I'm sure most would agree with me. Unfortunately KoK, those who "speak" loudest on the site are often the same who are still bitter about the bannings. You'll hear a strong response from them, but they aren't representative of the site as a whole.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts

man I cant help myself...

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
KingOfCrunk, I would not worry about it.

TSL can be a bit more uh, "close knit" than most auto forums, and can be subject to massive cycles of (to put it bluntly) PMS. That is it's strength, and also it's curse...once every 2 months or so.

It just kinda happens. You happened to become active at a time when there were several threads going. I blame spring hormones.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay. There are good people on here.

(tampon joke here)

Also, I kinda resent the statement aboutt the "last round of bannings".

It makes it look like there are regular purgings that go on around here. That's simply not the case.

I looked at the list of currently banned people (50+) over the last 2 years, and all but 4 of them are spammers.

So yeah.

This is not saabnet, and this is not Saab Central despite what people might think.

·
Registered
861 Posts

YES. teh interwebz iz seriouz bizniss.

You cant get a (majority) of guys & girls together, discussing cars, and whats best and so on - without people getting into huge pissing contest. Personally, I think its fucking hilarious.

Why would YOU get pissy because other people are going back and forth on one another?? I dont get it.

If you're looking for extremely mild mannered Saab stuff, then go on over to SC - I keep logging into TSL because I enjoy everyones candor here - we're all a bunch of smartasses who love cars, and like ripping on eachother once in a while, whats the BIG deal? Get off my lawn!!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
what i find funny here is that in complaining about drama you have created some...

anyway...

welcome

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what i find funny here is that in complaining about drama you have created some...

anyway...

welcome
i wasnt complaining, at least that wasnt my intentions ... i was trying to figure out why and if it was actually fighting or jsut all in good fun.

If you don't like the drama, just don't post. Works for me.
like i said, i didnt know if half the shit is jokes or not, whether to be taken lightly and serious

i get it now that its all in good fun ... and everyone isnt always at each other throats

1 - 20 of 25 Posts