Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a cruel joke for having slowly killed SAAB through mismanagement and brand confusion, GM is now offering a small private incentive for SAAB GM owners to switch to the General:

This Is How Desperate GM Thinks Saab Owners Are To Not Own Saabs

Like the Jalopnik article mentions, the discount is smaller than the one offered to members of other organizations, so this amounts to nothing more than a cruel joke.

GM sucks.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Fucking Tits - I'm Going to Buy a CTS V Wagon Right now..... (I wish.... but I'd happily spend that kind of money elsewhere if I had it as results of all GM's recent actions)

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If you receive one, bring it to an Outside Saab event and we can throw it on the burn pile to keep warm.

Better yet, bring a GM car that we can ignite.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
If you receive one, bring it to an Outside Saab event and we can throw it on the burn pile to keep warm.

Better yet, bring a GM car that we can ignite.
This

I just posted the article on GM's FB page. Along with my own comment.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
What would everyone have preferred happen? Saab not get bought by GM and cease to exist years ago?

I'm trying to understand the hatred towards GM regarding Saab. I dislike GM for other reasons (Unions, GMAC, Bailout, Going to need another bailout, dealer channel stuffing.)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Unions, GMAC, Bailout, Going to need another bailout, dealer channel stuffing, and what they did to SAAB RECENTLY.

Fixed

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Right, I don't blame GM for the failure to release new products in the early-mid 90s...but I do blame them for how they've handled the last 10 years (with special rage towards the past few months). I'll never purchase a GM vehicle, which is a shame because I did like the new Regal GS w/6spd.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
There's no reason to believe that SAAB would not have survived without GM. Any number of other manufacturers could have invested in them and probably would have. GM only did it because Ford invested in Volvo and they were concerned about being one-upped.

GM adopted them for the wrong reasons and then kept them in the basement chained to a radiator.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
GM adopted them for the wrong reasons and then kept them in the basement chained to a radiator. .
This - plus they sucked as much out of them as they could and never reinvested any true value back into the brand.

Thank You Saab for Pinoneering;
Aerodynamics
Transaxle Transmissions
Heated Seats
Ventillated Seats?

Please continue the list if you know more

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I doubt I will ever own a gm vehicle again. I could even get over them buying/ruining/dumping Saab. But then stamping them out while they are doing everything they can to try to survive was just a dick move. And that's saying something considering I technically work for gm.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
^ possibly. I still think the way GM handled Saab in the last few years is what stems my hatred for them. To be honest, Turbocon nailed it right on the head with the basement comment.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
This - plus they sucked as much out of them as they could and never reinvested any true value back into the brand.

Thank You Saab for Pinoneering;
Aerodynamics
Transaxle Transmissions
Heated Seats
Ventillated Seats?

Please continue the list if you know more
ion senceing ignition systems
the turbocharger,, (not the first, but by far put the most r&d in )

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yeah, if not for gm, saab was going to do the exact same thing as is happening right now: cease to exist, with a vengeance. At least the past 20 yrs produced some life-supported vehicles.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
All that's left is for victor mueller to take the nakatomi tower hostage and see if he can't get the chinese to pay him off. John mclane doesn't swoop in for a yipee-ka-yey rescue in this movie.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah, if not for gm, saab was going to do the exact same thing as is happening right now: cease to exist, with a vengeance. At least the past 20 yrs produced some life-supported vehicles.
See I don't know if I agree with that. What makes you think if GM did not "invest", another company wouldn't have done the same? All this is useless to mention at this point, but things could have gone down a different road.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Remember Saturn? lol Gm cut them fairly quick when times got tough.

Also - remember TUCKER - Gm had their hands in and all over them....

1 - 20 of 216 Posts