Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone, post up your favorite recipes for all of us to drool over and never get around to actually making.

Tabasco-marinated Chicken
Put 2 pounds cubed boneless chicken breast in a plastic freezer bag. Add one bottle Original Tabasco sauce and few spices, really whatever you want. My favorites are lemon pepper seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Close the bag and mix around until the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Empty contents of bag into fry pan over medium heat, cook chicken until it is white. Serve with mashed potatoes, corn, fresh rolls, etc. Should feed about 4 people.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Salmon, green beans etc.

4 oz salmon for each serving.
a ton of fresh green beans.
fresh basil
a pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
black olives, stoned
olive oil
salt, pepper
lemon

Mix up a thin paste of salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Coat the salmon steaks. Meanwhile, blanche the green beans. Throw them in a bowl with the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, olives, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and let sit. Place the fish flesh-down in a glass dish, then pour the vegetables into the tray with it. Throw it in the oven, I usually broil. When finished, peel off skin and chow down.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Krapao Gai (Thai Basil Chicken), one of my favorites.
1 lb boneless chicken thigh, diced
1/3c green beans, french cut
5 cloves of garlic, diced
1 small onion, diced
Two cups of whole basil leaves (Thai basil is best, but sweet basil works), destemmed.
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp of sweetener (I use Agave syrup or maple syrup, but you can use plain sugar)
2 Tbsp Wok oil
2-3 Hot peppers, chopped.

I use a seasoned steel wok on my Weber to cook this dish, over open flames. Thai style.

Heat the wok with the oil, add the onion, garlic, and peppers, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until nicely aromatic.
Next, add the chicken, stir fry and add the fish and oyster sauce and sweetener. Stirfry for 4-5 minutes until the chicken gets nicely cooked.
Add the green beans and stir fry for a minute.
Add the basil leaves and stir fry until wilted.
Serve over sticky rice!

I have a pretty large repertoire, but like anything I get kind of stuck in a cooking rut.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
1 can "Bush's" baked beans.
1 can of brown bread. yeah, bread in a can.

Enjoy with a favorite white trash beer of your choice, like Bud Ice.

for real.....I love beans & brown bread.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Love it Adam! Guru, sounds delicious! 8valve, I might be drooling a little bit right now. I need to find a wok...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'll look for some more of my dinner dishes recipes, I have some favs but I gotta look for them, but how about a dessert?

Peanut Butter Pie
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
¼ Cup firmly packed Lt. Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Butter, melted
2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter (18 oz jar)
2 Cups Sugar
2 8 oz Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Heavy Cream
6 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
5 ½ Tbsp Hot Coffee

1. Combine crumbs, brown sugar and ½ c. butter. Press into bottom and sides of 10” Spring Form.
2. Beat peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, 2 tbsp butter, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
4. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
5. Spoon into crust; refrigerate for 6 hours.
6. Melt chocolate with coffee in double boiler over gently simmering water. Spread atop filling. Refrigerate until firm.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I just made myself breakfast... at 5pm.

Huge parm reggiano & blue cheese omelette, 5 slices of bacon, sourdough toast, Widmer Bros. Nelson Imperial IPA.

Breakfast for dinner is my favorite.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Two slices of bread. I prefer multi-grain, but you can use whatever you want.
Some Peanut Butter. I use Jif. Use whatever you brand you prefer.
Some Jelly. I like Welchs grape jelly.

Smear peanut butter on one slice of bread.
Smear jelly on one slice of bread.
Put one slice of bread on top of the other. I recommend putting the slice with peanut butter on top of the slice with with jelly as peanut butter tends to defy gravity better than jelly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts