Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What turbos will bolt on to my 205 hp T7 9-3? T3,T4,T04,TD04,T3/T4,T3/T4Hybrid? I have been looking to upgrade :)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Aj, check out this thread that you made before. If you read the second page very top, it explains things quite well.

http://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforum/viewtopic.php?t=68

Basically, the turbo you have on your HOT, is the Viggen turbo (TD04). Those other turbos you listed are smaller, so the one you have should be sufficient. The next step would be a GTBB, which Im sure would require lots of modifications.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Don't touch a THING...Cedric is right: you have the TD04 HL 15T, aka, the Viggen turbo. With a Stage 4 ECU upgrade, you should be able to reach 285-290 bhp....

I don't think there's really not much bigger you can go without upgrading all the systems that supply the turbo: air intake, intercooler, wastegate, oil lines, etc. NOTE: It's possible to do the upgrade, but you start to get into negative returns of time and money vs gained HP.

A bigger turbo might start to produce the kind of tranny-wrecking torque that Viggen mods produce....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My dad has a 1991 9000 turbo. I was wondering if i can switch his turbo with my because he nolonger has any use for the car. Also what parts would fit on my car to make it faster?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts