Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best rpm pick-up point on a 9-3?

Getting ready to order an LC-1, unless there is a better choice. I already have one on my kenne bell ram and don't mind it, but am open to suggestions.

An Autometer would go nice with the existing oil pres and boost/vac gauges already installed.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have an lm1 (old school that does the job) and had to buy the rpm converter and mini inductive Pick up. When you get it all calibrated, pull back the rubber boot that surrounds the wires leading to the DIC and place the clip on one of wires until you find one that has a signal. I'm sure there are other ways as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, planning on getting a tune from JZW.

Since I can't get a road tune in my area, I figure I can log the JZW tune and provide those for tweaking to get things to almost road tune levels.

Is there a better way?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nope, planning on getting a tune from JZW.

Since I can't get a road tune in my area, I figure I can log the JZW tune and provide those for tweaking to get things to almost road tune levels.

Is there a better way?
I see.. what I would do is (since you haven't already ordered the LC-1) buy a CANUSB instead. That, plus connecting a wideband's 0-5v to ECU pin 69, would give you logging of just about everything you'd need. Don't know how far you wanna go with this but that way, you could also save on postage because you could make a few adjustments yourself ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice.

So I understand the CANUSB part, but how do I connect to the Saab I-Bus ( or P-Bus)?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here...

So basically I just need this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTO...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item563fa29f67

and a wideband O2....K that's easy.

Should I be looking for a specific brand, or are these cheap ebay ones just as good?
Hmm.. you'll have to refer to the manual for that. T7 is a bit different and I'm not completely familiar with it but it is in the manual.

Also, I bought mine from www.canusb.com . I've heard of some success cases with some from other sources but don't know of any offhand, again. You should check out ECUproject for that. I'd start there or even tell John that you're interested in getting a CANUSB and he should be able to tell you some of those details.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do. Thanks for the direction!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts