Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the junkyeard looking at this Aero engine that only had 87K on it. But i would like to find out the engine model number. Thinking this might be a good swap for my NG900.

Also my dad had a engine swap on his 1991 9000, and we are trying to find out the engine modle number to see if they used the same engine as the last.
I was looking over the engine on his 9000 and i saw some numbers but its to rusty to make out, and i did not see any letters starting with B.

So any info would be great guys

Also i know about the VIN number that gives you all your information on the Car (Saab EPC helps with this), I forgot to get this from the car at the junkyard, but i still want to know were to find it on the engine.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Actually, you don´t have to switch engines unless your old is shot. The only difference between the 2.0 and the 2.3 is the pistons and the crankshaft.
I´m not sure, but I think that the only number on the engine is the serial and that won´t help you identify the engine. And you´ll need an ECU that has a program for a 2.3-engine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts