Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Viggen and i really hate how soft the wheels are. I love the style and i want to find something similar. I dont like BBS on the 9-3 especially for the price. Anyone know some quality wheels that wont dent over every single pothole. I want to stick with 17 inch. Will 17x8 work with any problem? any links to good sites would be great.....i have seen tirerack and discounttiresdirect but dont really like anything there.

Thanks a lot, Will

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey welcome to the site. I know you said you looked at tirerack, but did you check out the AT Italia Inox on there? Those are 17s and i've seen them on a Viggen...look very nice. They seem to fit what your looking for.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Italia Inox on mine in 17s with the stainless steel to them great wheels i have had bump incidents were i though i have ruined them and they dont even have a scratch i was even cut off by a guy and hit one on the curb and only got a minor scrape that you have to look for to see. So if you like the looks they are really strong wheels. I have 45 profile tires on them as well
peace

·
Registered
122 Posts
Folks.

What you want are forged wheels.

The wheels you are complaining about are cast alloy. Forging makes the wheels a lot stronger. A side benefit is that you can use less material to make a forged wheel and they are much lighter as well.

I'd suggest SSR GT1s. They are forged and have fitment for Saab.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
slaab said:
Folks.

What you want are forged wheels.

The wheels you are complaining about are cast alloy. Forging makes the wheels a lot stronger. A side benefit is that you can use less material to make a forged wheel and they are much lighter as well.

I'd suggest SSR GT1s. They are forged and have fitment for Saab.
Yea, thats what i have. it's a great wheel. very light and very expensive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
Slaab: Where can you get forged wheels?
First make sure you have the right fit: 5x110mm. Stock offset is 49mm on 6.5" wheels. Adjust for different sizes.

SSR GT1s are available at the Tire Rack.

BBS, Volk Racing, Centerline also offer forged wheels, but finding a dealer that stocks correct fitment is a pain. The bolt pattern is pretty rare and not many dealers have done work on Saab. If it helps, Saab has the same fit as the pre 03 Caddilac Catera.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help

I have never seen the alessios before, thanks for the link. Those are my favorite for the price as of now, but i prefer the look of the Khan RSR. Does anyone have a site with a good price on Khan RSR's? Anyone know someone who got them and how they held up to potholes? I have seen them on Abotts web site and i am hoping i can find them priced better somewhere else. I think they may only be sold in Great Britian or Europe, but hopefully theres a supplier in the US. Thanks a lot, Will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts