Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into getting a set of new wheels for my Viggen.
I photo shopped a few different wheels on it let me know what you guys think.
If you have any other wheels in mind let me know and i can photo shop them on.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Definitely no on the top ones. Those Evos are by farrrrrr my least favorite Saab wheel ever. If you like that style, the double-Y/3-spokes are 1000x better looking.

My old Vig:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After seeing the evos not poorly photo shopped on they look pretty good.
I think I'll go with the evos or the double-Y/3-spokes, probably which ever set i find first.

^Side note, love the color! and 3 door.. very nice never seen the color in person

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks for the support, Aikmanson.

/photo whoring.

Alas, style for the most part is a matter of opinion, even though there could be some underlying traits within the object that make it appealing (or not) in the first place. OP- Ultimately you will decide what is best for you and your Viggen.

Honestly, both of the double 3 spoke wheels look good. The Evo's look good with non-viggen body cladding, and the aforementioned regular double 3's look great with it- hence them coming on the SE verts in the first place.

I like both, but got the Evo's because I found them cheaper.

Are the second wheels pictured the OZ ones on Tirerack? You can never go wrong with a good 5 or multi-spoke with these cars. The third set looks like the split 5's that come on some 9-3SS models.

There are also these: http://www.saablink.net/forum/items-sale/52602.htm

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
^Side note, love the color! and 3 door.. very nice never seen the color in person
Well come Carlisle you can see it, or if you wanna meet up sometime before then, I live upstate too, but the car is in the garage getting um, everything rebuilt lol

But yeah my two favorite wheel designs are the Double Y's and the Evo's. I lucked into a set of Evo's on my parts car, just needed 1 more so I went the Evo route and to be honest I am satisfied.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are the second wheels pictured the OZ ones on Tirerack? You can never go wrong with a good 5 or multi-spoke with these cars. The third set looks like the split 5's that come on some 9-3SS models.

There are also these: http://www.saablink.net/forum/items-sale/52602.htm
Yes the OZ are from Tirerack. I think gold rims would look good with the lb but I don't want it too look like "oh look at the saab trying to be a subaru." I also thought about finding a nice 5 spoke since the stock viggen wheels are.

Well come Carlisle you can see it, or if you wanna meet up sometime before then, I live upstate too, but the car is in the garage getting um, everything rebuilt lol
A meet up would be awesome maybe we could work something out. Want to check out the car!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes the OZ are from Tirerack. I think gold rims would look good with the lb but I don't want it too look like "oh look at the saab trying to be a subaru."
TRUE. I feel like even non car enthusiasts recognize the blue/gold combo as a subaru thing. Fortunately if you choose to go that route those wheels come in every color except pink. And maybe even pink. Graphite always looks good. Or maybe a true bronze, not gold.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TRUE. I feel like even non car enthusiasts recognize the blue/gold combo as a subaru thing. Fortunately if you choose to go that route those wheels come in every color except pink. And maybe even pink. Graphite always looks good. Or maybe a true bronze, not gold.
Now pink would just be great lol
The Evos and the Double Y's would look good in a graphite shade I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts