Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was towing my Aero home with a tow bar, It had no power unit in it. It felt like I was towing a cement block. Half way home the car jerked real bad then seemed to pull fine the rest of the way. It was raining like a sob and I figured I had just hit a pothole. I got home and to my surprise the wheel was gone... Not just the wheel but the hub as well! I was really scratching my head on this one. Granted from past experiances it is not a good idea to tow a 9k without the power unit in cause it slightly alters the alignment of the wheels. I figured it would be fine granted the short distance I was going (only about 15 miles) Has anyone ever had the hub seperate while driving? I will try and post pics of the damage tomorrow!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
With no axle holding it together the front hub/bearing can completely fall apart
lol - yep.... on my old 87' 9000 - I ran the shot wheel bearings so long that when it came time to replace them with the new used suspension assemblies and upgrades brakes - as soon as that axle nut came off everything hit the floor and the burnt bearings went everywhere lol Make sure that nut stays tight ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts