Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I definitely have wheel ADD. EDIT: Worse than Jameson and buying new cars* I have started a thread or two on here, trying to decide. I also searched and searched for just the right specs - often wheels that fit the pre-88 bolt pattern have too high an offset to run on the c900.

So after much deliberation, here are the new wheels: 18x7.5 Sportmax 962, gunmetal with polished lips. Basic 5-spoke, with a lower offset than normal for a 7.5" wide rim.

These are produced for the 240sx guys who need low RWD offsets. Took me a while to find. They are pretty dang lippy in person, pics didn't really capture that (2.25" lips). Anyway, onto the pics.

The lip:

Yes, I used old shoes to prop up the wheels for mockup ;-) I also photoshopped in a Saab-Scania center cap - I took measurements and the stock 900/9-3/9-5 center caps fit perfect which I am very happy about.

And a shot with the other winter upgrade:

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Invest in a house, not more wheels.*

Those are very nice, clean and simple. I noticed you mentioned nothing about their weight....ricer.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
I think those will look quite good on your vert.

When is the completion date for the project?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice

Love the wheels. I didn't see that you mentioned what the offset actually was? What size tire are you going with 215/35/18? It is going to look fantastic when you get them on.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thx for the comments guys. Tires should be here in a few weeks.

Iron why is the car sitting on running shoes?
To make the car go faster, of course.

Love the wheels. I didn't see that you mentioned what the offset actually was? What size tire are you going with 215/35/18? It is going to look fantastic when you get them on.
ET 38. Probably going with 215/35 or 225/35.

Those are very nice, clean and simple. I noticed you mentioned nothing about their weight....ricer.
True, but I plan on adding a significant amount of carbon fiber to the car in order to offset the weight of the wheels.*

I think I'm in love :shock:
A/S/L?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey IJ, looks good, I've been looking at the Sportmax 006 rims, but are still undecided about them. I've heard some bad things about them though, mainly quality and wheel strength...

li Arc

1 - 20 of 118 Posts