Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying adapters for my saab just so i have more choices with wheels. But if i get the adapters they will make any rim i get stick out one inch, does anybody know if this will be a problem? I have a saab 1998 900 SE. I do plan on putting lowering springs on it also so. Let me have you ideas on it.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there are. I;m buying mine from Ebay for 140 for a set of 4. The guy custom makes them to what ever you want it to be. so your all set if you want yours changed also.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wonder if it would work to get adapter made so I could go rim shopping for something easier, say adapters made so I could look for VW rims. A lot of places can't even find the specs for a 9-5.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s the whole reason behind me getting adapters. If you get them you will be able to put any rim you want on your Saab no problem.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You will want a wheel with an additional 25mm positive offset to compensate for the one inch of the adapter. Probably can get away with only 15-20mm but you need to be careful with this so the wheel doesn't stick out too far. More info here at Tires.com
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelOffsets.jsp
Here are some other 5 bolt sizes, all are for new models.
VW 5x100
Audi 5x112
Mazada 5x114.3
BMW 5x120

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info ERP, thats what i will do. Gonna put up a pic when i get them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but does anyone know where I could get those adapters from 5x110 to 5x100? My buddy has 5x100 wheels he'd give me if they would fit, gunmetal 17's with falken ziex tires, I'd just have to replace one tire.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I just posted about this in my "New Wheels/Rims" topic and everyone said adapters are bad to get. And just to find a set of wheels that fit 5 x 110. I found a guy that makes a set for $115:

from [email protected]

The standard set cost 115.00 for four that are 1" thick, this does come with a 78mm bore, but we do offer hub centric for 45.00 extra for the set.
We also offer lug packages for mounting of the adapters to the hubs for 15.00 total for all four wheels.

We do have the blanks in stock and can ship in 1-3 days from receipt of order. Thank you for your interest in our company. I am sure that you will find that our adapters are made of the highest quality aluminum and with expert craftsmanship. We stand behind our product and hope as a happy customer, you will pass the word about our product.

If you would like to purchase our product, you can go to paypal.com and send funds to [email protected]. (any extra cost for options should be added to shipping in pay pal) Be sure to leave all info on the application as well as a daytime number for UPS and also include 15.00 for S&H. I also accept money orders that are to be sent to Keith Patterson at 7504 Foxtail Plc, Crestwood, Ky. 40014.
EDIT: Just realized NG900 brought this old topic back up...

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
My opinion on adaptors is why not. As long as they are made by a good company with the proper machineing process they should be safe. I just want spacers right now....I'm tired of listening to my tires rub!!!!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
stromer said:
My opinion on adaptors is why not. As long as they are made by a good company with the proper machineing process they should be safe. I just want spacers right now....I'm tired of listening to my tires rub!!!!
What will spacers do for that? If they rub isnt because they are too far out as it is? Wont spacers just push them out more?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
bringing a topic back up... sorry guys. but xaamottomaax said "Make sure that whatever you get, wheels, adapters or spacers, have a 65mm center bore or you will be in for a very unhappy suprise. "

What will happen if its not?

And do you guys know if I can still get these adapters? Do I just look for 5x110 to 5x1__ adapters with a 65mm center bore? Is that all the info I need?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
saab wheels are hub centric, meaning they are designed to use the hub as the centering device. if you get wheels that are designed for a smaller hub, they wont physically be able to bolt to the hub. if you get wheels designed for a larger hub, without centering rings, you'll get a pretty terrible vibration

1 - 20 of 21 Posts