Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a chance to pick up a custom made 3 inch catback exhaust with 1 magnaflow muffler (about $120 one) that is 2 years old, and an aero turbo (td04 15t) that was new 3 years ago, currently has 45k miles, but the housing was damaged during an engine fire and the wastegate rod cant connect to it...prolly needs a new housing or complete rebuild...ive attatched pictures below...so what would you guys pay for it?

edit: forgot the turbo pic

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something tells me thats a little too low lol i mean brand new that exhaust work prolly cost close to 300 if not 400 and the turbo id say maybe 100? cuz it kinda new still? but i udnno how to base my offer on the damage...

·
7,595 Posts
very good chance that turbo is junk except for the exhaust housing and MAYBE the core. an engine fire would probably have warped the compressor housing quite badly.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well from the conversations ive had with him he sounds knowledgable...and he said that the inside is fine, and that there is no shaft play. So if i take the chance and believe him...how much is a new housing gonna cost me? and what should i offer him based on that

·
10,303 Posts
I paid $150 for my stainless Saabsport exhaust. So I say half off that since its not stainless. Thats a $400 system too.

The turbo is anybodys guess.

·
7,595 Posts
well I agree with tweeks on this one. looks like a $50 turbo. I would pay no more than $100 for it. worse comes to worst, you could keep the exhaust housing (because it fits your manifold) and make a hybrid out of it using a volvo turbo from ebay or something.

should work.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
yup id say thats at most a $50 turbo, that compressor housing is garbage from what i can see in the pics, looks like the bolt holes on the one side melted off completely :shock: i dont even know where you could find a compressor housing, but im sure it wont be cheap, but like delorean said you could always hybridize it with some bigger compressor like a 16t or maybe even a 18 or 19 :twisted:. the exhuast like tweek said since its not stainless, $75 would be fair, i doubt theyve got people knocking their door down for the parts BTW and youve got time on your side, so dont be afraid to tell em your not interested if the price is higher than that :wink: .

Paul

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah trust me this will all be done right....meanwhile....i still have no aibags :roll: :twisted: lol oh well im gettin all good deals

ill update on how it all goes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts