Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK first of all, i have never owned, driven or thought about a saab before, but i just bought one foe 2350.00 it is a 1995 9000 cse turbo with about 100k. it looks imaculate. i ordered a intake and BOV from http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/ and that will be my first steps. what i need is info- like what turbo upgrades can i do to this car, it is automatic, so i dont want to rip the tranny, and how much HP do these run stock? ANY info i get would be great. i am used to driving riced up civics and i have my 2002 civic for sale now if anyone who lives close to mobile AL. wants it! thanks- rob

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Saablink. I too have a 1995 Saab, but it's a 900. The engine details for the 95' 9000 CSE are

Engine: 2.3L 200 hp I4
Horsepower: 200 @ 5500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 238 @ 1800 RPM
Valves/Valve Configuration: 16/DOHC
Displacement (cc): 2290
Bore X Stroke (in.): 3.54 X 3.54
Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
Fuel Type/System: Gas/EFI
Turbocharger: Yes

If you are looking for more HP. Maptun Performance (www.maptun.com) provides ECU upgrades available for purchase from the U.S Dealer Group 9 Performance (www.group9performance.com). With a Stage 4 on your car you can get $295 horses!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
beautiful car man - the Saab :p Welcome aboard! There's tons out there for the 2.3T motor - and being it's a CSE it can be tuned just like an Aero - meaning 300hp is not too hard to achieve if you have some money to put down - 350 is NOT unheard of either. Check out Kevin's site: http://www.kyankton.net/9000index.htm There's a prime example of a 94 9000 Aero with some SERIOUS tuning and thought. These are not cars to take for grannit - they can be and are very fast. Skim the video section of TSL for proof :twisted: Enjoy the ride - it's like nothing else :p

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i basically have the same car....since you came from the import world ill tell you that i easily beat gsr's and if i hadnt missed 3rd i woulda have killed an h22a integra also. Do the suspension...look on genuinesaab.com for h&r springs and get some poly sway bar bushings tightens it up nicely. Then get a full 3 inch exhaust actually good for alllooottt of power and a nice rumble. A manual boost controller is also fun, no turbo timers can be used due to the reverse lockout tho. Its a good idea to get a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge by someone like autometer also. Last peice of advice...get used to be t hrowm back in your seat :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys are awsome. i never got this kind of help from the import tuners- i had a 02 civic and put like 5 grand in it and it was still under 150 hp!! this is great. thanks for the help. :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
cheaper parts of the same brand and quality can been found elsewhere too - don't just limit yourself - browse the links we have posted throughout the forum - do some research - then plan - and act. You will be rather pleased with your results.

·
10,303 Posts
saabkid37 said:
no turbo timers can be used due to the reverse lockout tho. :wink:
Actually, his is an auto, so it would work. :wink:

I highly recomend getting the JT 3" downpipe. Since you have a 95, you dont need a cat converter. So if you need emissions testing or whatever in AL. Just pay with some extra beer, know what I mean. :wink:

http://www.genuinesaab.com/detail.asp?product_id=JT9000
Get this, you will shit yourself with the boost.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site man 8)

Glad to have some Civic owner finally come to their senses on power. You actually lucked out with a pretty good car there because it can be turned into a Beast.

I see alot of folks have already given you some good starting info, so there's no need for me to say anything more lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does anyone know what kinds of other turbos we can put on these?? or is this a good turbo already- just curious. on maptun there is a stage 4 kit - very expensive that has a turbo and - i was wondering if ours were a good type to have.

·
10,303 Posts
You can get that car to litteraly scream on the stock turbo. Work on the cheaper bolt ons first. Throwing a turbo on with stock exhaust and ECU wont do much.

Get the exhaust, intake, suspension, up to speed. When you know the car is ready, I just looked at Maptuns sight, and it seems that the Turbo in your car is the T25 Garret model used in our 900SEs. For around $450 you can have it upgraded to the T28, wich includes curved blades as apposed to your straight blades. I had this done last year. However, I know I wont see real power till I am in the stage 4 ECU zone.

You can buy just the software, or the whole set. It is probably cheaper to have yours rebuild than buying a new one, but what do you drive in the meantime? Your car will be very fast, with exhaust MBC and intake. I have yet to put an ECU on my car, and it is very strong, (check for dyno results Monday).

Maptun has a Garret GT40Rbb turbo for its stage 7 for the Aero, so they would supply all mounting brackets. But going that far, you can see they sell alot of support parts, like cams, fuel pump, fuel pipes...but for $14,163 you probably want to spend less.

CLIFF NOTES:
Cheap, rebuild your turbo to T28 for $450
Expensive buy Stage 7 Maptun kit for $14,000
Recomend you do exhaust intake, manual boost controller, suspension first.
Turbo when this is done, but do rebuild, get Stage 3 or 4 software.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D carbon fiber hood gives you at least 400 hp!! no but - i just thought it looked cool, and ended up selling it to some other guy befor it broke. i couldnt - or was afraid to go past 70 MPH cause i dint want it to fly up and shatter- i didnt have hood pins- but - yeah that car is slower than id like. but it is definitly for sale! so if any one wants a ricer.......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just realized i might be the only southerner in here. you guys see alot of saabs up that way?- i saw this VERY attractive girl driving a brand spank me new saab down here the other day- she rejected my proposal to get married :cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yep. its the best drug out there

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
hey man good change...

i think a good place for him to look would be at Yanktons page at his 9000 he sold...if someone wants to post that link before i do..

good luck with the new toy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts