Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a good example of what the 9-2x was based on or should be, I think i looks better in the second pic. To bad the 9-2x has nothing compared to the power of the STI

·
Registered
745 Posts
now it looks like the Subaru it came from...more like a future WRX version with a SAAB grill, but I like the way you think....that's a hot look.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The only problem I had with the 9-2x and those picture confirm my worries is that you can quick castrate the car of its Saab heritage and make it look damn near the car it was made after. No originality, no difference. Just a car that still can't save the 12,000 jobs of GM europe. I mean it looks nice very nice and has a degree of "mean" to it. I can see the balls hanging from that second car. The only problem is mimicing something to get part of the market. I just wish the design was diff.

·
Registered
352 Posts
personally, since i don't like wagons...i'd go for the sti look...on another note, i took a 9-2x aero out for a test drive last weekend....it felt like it lacked power all the way throughout, steering was light and is it just me or what?...there was no turbo gauge in the car

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
saabvos said:
...i took a 9-2x aero out for a test drive last weekend....it felt like it lacked power all the way throughout...
if you thought the aero was underpowered, you really should try the Linear. Someone here (Justin?) said he heard it was faster with 165 HP than the 227 HP Aero. No way. It felt like the motor was not hooked up to the tranny. It just revs real loud, but does not go anywhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
352 Posts
it just felt really weird driving the 9-2x aero, like normally when my turbo kicks in @ 3000rpm, you can feel it.....the butt dyno says the turbo is working. with the aero i checked at 4000rpm when everyone says the turbo kicks in and i felt nothing, it just revved higher, no "felt" increase in power....maybe it's just me

·
Registered
352 Posts
going back to the purpose of this thread.....the sti style 9-2x looks more like a crossbred sti and evo 8, with an sti rear and evo front and somewhere in the middle, a saab
i say go back to the classic style hatchback saab :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree, I do not like the way wagons look. I would probally not consider even buying a 9-2x but if it was a saabaru 9-2X STi then its a total different story. I love every thing about the 9-2X except for some of the interior and that damn back end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts