Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a huge fan of all genres of music, and thought it'd be fun to make a thread to see what people are listening to and try and share some songs/artists that deserve credit that people might not know about, or whatever kind of music you maybe into.

A couple of my favorite covers...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Danny Brown is better than your favorite rapper. You have emo taste in music. Do you cut? I'm sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Been feeling a lot of third coast stuff lately... Slim Thug, Dorrough, Chalie Boy, etc. Triple D is really comin up right now.

Also love Slaughterhouse.

And Royce Da 5'9:

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you want your mind to be blown, I highly suggest listening to Pandora's "Gotye" station. Incredible. And I'm not even a huge fan of Pandora anymore, but that one has been playing for the past couple of days now with no skips.

PS.
Great stuff Andy. Very similar taste in music. I really listen to most anything, but tend to migrate to the ones we have posted. Indie has been my number one love ever since I was in middle school.

Also, Primus is always a good one... especially if you love an incredible bass player. Love Les Claypool.

And you can never go wrong with Buckethead and Les Claypool together. Eargasm.

And when I say I listen to everything... I mean country, old school hip hop like Gang Starr, heavy metal, etc... pretty much anything that isn't mainstream. I can't stand songs on the radio unless it's an indie station. None of that top 40's shit.

Even listen to this bahaha

This song never gets old to me... very original sounding and cool. Love the vocals. IAMX has a few really good songs. Kind of a dark, deep and eery sound.

Other random stuff... some old favorites.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added some more. to that post.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

And probably my favorite song of this winter... Freaked out when I heard it in an episode of Weeds! I was shocked because it had been a favorite prior to the episode.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Another favorite that I stumbled across recently.

Loved this song last summer

Hell, I even listen to lots of Greek (even though I can't understand all of the lyrics, I do know some)

Also love Dubstep in the Viggen, fun to listen to.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
A few days ago, the Gotye pandora station brought me the theme song for 'House', which I never figured was a real song. Turns out it's actually a cool song!

Love this one. Pretty much convinced that Les and Buckethead are not from this world.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Have a smell of this one.
It not my style at all but I can't get it out of my head.

This is more my flavor

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great stuff 8Valve! I love Pretty Lights.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts