Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have this problem... Bring your car in for something you don't have the tools for.., and the whole shop wants to test drive your car.

Must be because of this thing..

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Uh...that's just one of the unnecessary parts the Saab engineers tossed in the tranny for yucks. It really doesn't do anything much; in fact your car will be about 35 pounds lighter if you remove it.

But then it would make a mess in your garage, so that wouldn't be good at all...Hey, I have a great idea!

I have lots of room at my place, so that unwanted lump of metal could hang out in my garage and not take up any space at all.

Really, it's no problem... :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
DC_SAAB said:
Anyone ever have this problem... Bring your car in for something you don't have the tools for.., and the whole shop wants to test drive your car.

Must be because of this thing..
Is that a Quaife? Who'd you get it from? How much did you pay for it - how's the results?

I need one bad, it has been more than once that I have left a big smoky one wheel burnout at some road track events coming out of a turn.

What good is crazy amounts of torque if it just causes your tires to burn up?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Shhhhhhh, Steve...

That's not a Quaife limited slip differential. That's something else entirely....uh....maybe an obscure Swedish device to help balance the counter-rotation of the half-shafts....

Really, it's just a pretty lump of heat-treated steel that wants to live at my house for a hundred-thousand miles or so.......

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes.., it's definately a Quaife..

So you ask yourself....do I want one of these...?
No...you ask yourself ... do I need one of these...? Oh yea you need one of these baby's...you definately need one.

Planning another trip to the dyno's around your area Steve... I'm looking for another few extra foot pounds somewhere. Wonder if it will make a difference.
hmmmm

anyone ever see a SAAB with scissored or gull winged doors?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny how those SAAB guys had that look on their face after a test drive of my car.... then a dealer was asking me for a test drive...even stranger

now back for more interesting reading...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
I hate you, where did you buy it and how much. :p
I second that statement....its just no fair :evil:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Test drives completed... shims added ....and ohh what a feeling.

Yes.., it pulls hard
Yes.., it seems to hug those curves tighter
Yes.., it feels good
Yes.., I will be driving the car a little more often now in rain and snow (when it comes)

Abbott gave me a deal I couldn't resist.

Anyone going to the SAABtoberfest?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
C'mon....we're dying out here, DC.

I have a tranny on the floor of my garage looking for some love....

what was the deal? (PMs are always welcome.....)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts