Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the chargecooler from abbott racing a really piece of sh...
this thing can't support more than 16psi constant boost (mbc), over water leaks into the air side very rapidly about just 5 or 6months.
I will change it and take a air to air intercooler.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Ive got an abbott racing one, but its not the same as his ^^^^^ its nice

·
7,595 Posts
my problem with that intercooler is that the actual material cost is probably around $50 IF that. If they were charging $250, I could see$50+- for materials, $50 for the production time and work with say $ 150 profit margin. that would be "fair" but hell, even that IMO is way too much and they want DOUBLE that. please.... Paul, have any pictures id your DSM intercooler? that looks remarkably similar to that intercooler, and it was what, $30 at the junk yard?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
saabcorsica said:
Boxerchip said:
Ive got an abbott racing one, but its not the same as his ^^^^^ its nice
How much boost are you runing?
uhhh... right now im boosting stock, on a viggen i think thats UP TO 19 PSI... but ive boosted i belive 16 on it before. it has no problems and can go higher.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
hehe, no it was $30 from ebay...shipped and i have an extra that i got for the same price(long story), anybody got any ideas of what i can do with 2 of these bad boys? i'm thinkin maybe dual ic's one on the left and one on the right, or maybe a big ass fmic, but the core is really thick, maybe ill just sell the other one.

at this point i still dont feel a huge difference, but i think my air filter location is less than optimal, and the ic needs a fan, but it supposedly flows like 300cfm, whereas the stock one is like 125-150.

anyway, pics can be found here: http://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforum/viewtopic.php?t=1713&highlight=

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
When I come out for the August meet - show me the IC - if I don't have one by then for less - perhaps I'd be interested. I mainly need to see up close how you installed it. Perhaps give it a test drive see If i can feel a differance. Either way - I'm intersted in your extra :p

·
Registered
556 Posts
spearco all the way, ebay has most that support around 300hp for about 329 bucks, and there extremely efficient.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have standard intercooler in my T8 but its soon going .......
just got a saab 9k intercooler to go in..... 8) 8)

on my 1985 T16 it has a all alloy intercooler, are these better than the plastic end cap intercooler on later C900`s :?: :?:

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts