Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being from the UK I don't know why NJ seems to get a lot of ridicule on that side of the pond. I've seen references to it in Futurama and South Park amongst others. Any historical, cultural / whatever reason for this?? I've stayed in Secaucus for a few days, and it didn't seem that bad. Union City looked a bit, erm, rough though!

I won't mention the Canada thing at the moment :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jersey shore (MTV) has given NJ people a reputation for being, well put lightly, douchebags.... Where would todays society be without reality television??...
Never heard of that show - I'll have to have a look on YouTube.

jersey sucked well before that show, that just made everyone aware of it.

its the armpit of america.
Sounds nice! ;) :D

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Please don't. It's terrible. It will affect your opinions of Americans.
x2. I almost took out an eyeball after about 3 minutes.

However, good things to come from Jersey?

Kevin Smith, filmmaker

Yo La Tengo, a band with such fantastic albums as "I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass" and "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out."

Did I mention Kevin Smith?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
"You know why there's no dickheads in New Jersey anymore?"

"They all moved here." (Insert your city)

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Jersey people (possibly a stereotype) are all assholes. at least the ones ive met. It seems like 90% of WVU students are from jersey....
It is a stereotype lol If you haven't been to NJ don't talk shit Kthx

There are several areas that seem to get stick in the UK, Scousers and Essex amongst them. Big pain in the butt here though are chavs, though they are everywhere :(
People from NJ aren't chavs lol my sister lives in Ealing right near Central London, so i'v met some chavs on the out skirts of the city. Unusual people let me tell you. Where do you live?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
People from NJ aren't chavs lol my sister lives in Ealing right near Central London, so i'v met some chavs on the out skirts of the city. Unusual people let me tell you. Where do you live?
Sorry, I wasn't saying NJ people were chavs :shock:

I live in Hinckley which is here;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...Hinckley,+Leicestershire,+United+Kingdom&z=12

Only noteable things here are that Triumph motorcyles are made here. Noble cars used to be made up the road, though Ultima's are made about 1 mile from my house!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts