Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Perhaps instead of posting a poll, you should be asking yourself..."which car YOU like better." Go for test drives. Feel them both out - survey the interiors. Take a look at the cars from every angle.

Then after that, buy the car that you "feel better" with. It's just that simple.

For myself, I felt better in a 9-3 Vector over a Audi A4, Acura TSX, Infiniti G35 Coupe, etc.

You'll know what I am talking about after you do the things I mentioned above.

9-3 or 9-5? For myself, the 9-5 wasn't really even an option. I think the interior is severely dated and in need of an upgrade. As for the looks, nice looking car, but for a "larger" sedan, my vote goes to the 270HP Acura TL.

So, based on my standards of fun to drive factor, interior egonomics, and kick-ass looks, it's 9-3 all the way.

Hence my vote.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As JNGold said - you're best to have a look round and drive yourself. There are quite a few 9-3ss owners on here, so you may get a bit of bias towards that car :p :lol:

The 9-5 can look quite cool:

Though the 9-5 is a 6 year old car now. The new 9-3 Sports Saloon is a sexier car as standard, and offers a far better ride / handling than the 9-5. The 9-5 has more tuning options though....

Nice dilemna(sp?) you have there! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't know about that, but that blue 9-5 you got posted there looks damn sexy. If I had the money for a 9-5 I would have seriously considered it, but JN is right, it is just a bit dated interior wise. There was about 20K AUD differences between my 9-3 and a similarly equipped 9-5. So it really wasn't difficult to make a decision.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I just won't vote... a 9-5 Aero would be nice however, either the Sedan or the Wagon, i like the Wagons a bit more then the Sedan looks wise. Plus it'd be more of a Sleeper 8) if you got the route of 9-3, look for a 99 Viggen - 3 door. The are some of the BEST looking Saabs i've ever seen. And pretty damn fast too. :p I still will say a nice 1997 9000 Aero too is a nice ride.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In general, yes. However, the word "cool" should never be used when referring to a wagon! :roll:

I have a gut feeling the redesigned 9-5 will be kick-ass! :D Wasn't there a spy pic floating around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
JNGold said:
In general, yes. However, the word "cool" should never be used when referring to a wagon! :roll:
I have to disagree JN. I'm 27, but everytime I go home to visit my parents, and drive by the 9-5 wagon in their neighbors driveway I drool a little bit.

That's one sexy wagon, and I'm sure dennis would back me up if he was here...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good question... I say the 9-5 Aero :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any talk of a redesign of the 9-5? I know they did some minor cosmetic stuff this year, but I was just wondering, not that I can even think to buy one now that I have and love my 9-3 :)

I have a feeling Saab is pretty busy with their Saabaru (9-2) and the Saabrolet SUV (9-7).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there any talk of a redesign of the 9-5?
I think I heard either 2005 or 2006. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I heard it was going to be 2005, but pushed it back to 2006 because of the 9-7 and 9-3 sports hatch and 9-2X taking up so much resources. I think they also want to bring out one new model each year for the next 5 years or something.
2003 - 9-3SS
2004 - 9-2X
2005 - 9-3 Sports hatch
2006 - 9-5

don't know where the 9-7 fits in.

Some links
http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-new/news/general/2002/07/25/FFXV81LJ14D.html

http://www.drive.com.au/news/articl...-new/news/general/2003/10/08/FFXW7UB9ILD.html Don't panic, its just a photoshopped current 9-5 front on a holden statesman/caprice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts