Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious..... Some of us would like to check more than one option. But if you could just choose one, which one would it be?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the lack of technolgoy in this tech-laden car is not easilly explained away by the US SAAB dealers, especially when our European cousins get such things as navigation & bluetooth. Call it tech envy, nonetheless, I get all blistered up inside when I think about it! :evil:

ok, maybe not that bad, but still.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have added "All wheel drive" the poll didn't allow me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would like more tech stuff too, but I would rather have a car with a bit more horsepower. I am coming from the 2.0t though. But couldn't justify spending the extra 10K AUD for 35 more ponies.

·
Registered
122 Posts
$30+ grand for a 210hp car in today's market doesn't play anymore. G35s make about 260hp. Base Acura TL makes 270. 2 litre turbo 4s are making 270 EVO, 300 STi.

Granted, the engine is a lot easier (smoother) to drive than the turbos of old, but the older Saabs were beasts on the road if you know how to unleash them. Also the viggen was 230hp... saab should be making progress, not going back. Tuning will take a B204L or B234R up to 300hp. Even engines with a narrow powerband can be made to appear smooth with CVT.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$30+ grand for a 210hp car in today's market doesn't play anymore.
What market are you looking at?

BMW 325 MSRP 30K+
Horsepower 184 hp @ 6000 rpm

Lexus IS300 MSRP 29,435
215 hp @ 5800 rpm

Mercedes C Class 320 MSRP 35K
215 hp @ 5700 rpm 170 hp @ 5500 rpm

That's just some. I could have thrown Volvo or the TSX (with Navi) in there also. I severely doubt (aside from an S40) that you could walk out of a Volvo showroom with a fully loaded s60 for under 30K and the 2.4 liter puts out 168HP!

To be honest, there may not be much difference in size but I consider the g35, Maxima and the TL in a "different" class of car. The offer much different driving experiences than cars such as the BMW 3 and 9-3. Believe me, I know, I came from a 260HP CL-S which was powerful and big (for a coupe). Completely different experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts