Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some upgrade investments on my 2K 9-5 AERO but want to know if its worth continuing.
The goal is to achieve a tight firm yet road accurate ride.

I also have a '04 9-3 AERO CV and it rides nice. What are the differences and can it be achieved on my 2K?
If achievable then I will continue with custom work. Alternately sell and move on to another car. Any ideas - advice?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have some upgrade investments on my 2K 9-5 AERO but want to know if its worth continuing.
The goal is to achieve a tight firm yet road accurate ride.

I also have a '04 9-3 AERO CV and it rides nice. What are the differences and can it be achieved on my 2K?
If achievable then I will continue with custom work. Alternately sell and move on to another car. Any ideas - advice?
-- Parallel post
What 9-5 AERO suspension differences are there from years 2K - 2K6/8? - SaabCentral Forums

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Nothing stock from newer years that will help unless you wnat to swap out the from spindles etc not worth it tho.

DO Bilstien sports with springs or something else aftermarket. SAS swaybars and the thicker moog swaybar links

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nothing stock from newer years that will help unless you wnat to swap out the from spindles etc not worth it tho.

DO Bilstien sports with springs or something else aftermarket. SAS swaybars and the thicker moog swaybar links
Thanks jssaab. RE: SAS sway bars, are they a step up from stock AERO?
also
are coilovers a better option than BS and springs?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I've run bilstein HD or Sports in almost all of my cars with lowering springs.

I have coilovers on my wagon, for a year now. There's some benefit to going with them, like being able to adjust to EXACTLY the height you'd like, and adjusting the shocks/strut stiffness.

The price isn't that far off, either, depending on where you go. I paid $1k for my coilovers, which isn't all that more expensive than bilsteins and eibach or B&G.
The little stuff adds up, though. Coilovers don't need strut mounts/bearings/spring seats/bump stops etc. by the time you're don't with all of that, I'm certain it's the same cost. I got "Yellow" brand. They're decent. Better than D2, but not quite H&R. Maptun sells some, too. Less-adjustable than others, but only $800-$900 (dollar's strong right now!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great guys, thanks
I am looking to invest in premium coil-overs. Performance supersedes cost. Well, you know.

Are H&R's superior CO for my needs? Anyone have experience with H&R's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts