Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
awesome - however if I did this right:

£195.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = $378.591 USD United States Dollars

Looks good - i've seen them in person too and they look good. Perhaps with a group buy they'd lower the price and be able to ship them cheaper?? If we could get them for like $300-$350 SHIPPED - I'd seriously consider one.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
wouldnt it be 149.00x1.4=273? or is that the euro differance?....ive always loved the whale tail on the 900s

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
well - if that freaky symbol stands for GBP (UK Pounds) Like I think it does - and not Euro's I'm right :p
that freaky symbol? :lol:

yes, that is pounds sterling, UK currency.

the little E with the lines through it is Euros.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:( i remembered the exchange rate being like 1: $1.20
oh well.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
KevinY said:
Sounds like a possible target for a carbon creation :roll:
I dunno - that's a lot to fake.... I like the real ones - and if they ever got a groove in the center section - all u'd need is body filler and sand paper and you'd be back in business - a Carbon Fiber wing that large would scream RICE - Sorry - but that's my opinion - it's either stock or no go :roll:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KevinY said:
Sounds like a possible target for a carbon creation :roll:
definetaly and you could paint it black so it didnt look rice. fiberglass could also probly be used the real trouble would be find oun to use as a mold. you would have to borow someones

·
Registered
40 Posts
i picked up a whaletail for 25 gb pounds over here along with a load of other stuff , it involved a trip to bristol , 800 miles round trip but well worth it ,i also picked up a set off super aeros ,which went to denmark ,a walnut dash and center concsole, a decor panel and a set of gauges . 8)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stop showing off, Alan, lol...
I have a fiber-glass copy sitting in my shed, but I must say, there is a lot of work to be done before this one fits...
It's and empty shell, so everything has to be cust fabbed up...
Daniel

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
FWIW, SAS sells a new second generations of their fiberglass whatletail. I beleive $250-275 is their price. Unfortunantly I haven't seen any pics but it was designed off of a OEM tail. Also, unlike their fist version, this one is designed to fit up against the window etc.

I am debating on one for my SPG

·
User
9,193 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
too far - shipping would be brtual on something that size to ship from over seas... :roll: :evil: Good Heads up tho :p
it actually wouldn't be all that bad..... my friend won an ebay auction for a 9000 carlsson spoiler.... I am quite sure he payed a reasonable price for shipping.... it is easier to pay a little extra for shipping on a 200.00 whale tail than one in the USA for 600.00+.....

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
zingZACH said:
BurnsSide42 said:
too far - shipping would be brtual on something that size to ship from over seas... :roll: :evil: Good Heads up tho :p
it actually wouldn't be all that bad..... my friend won an ebay auction for a 9000 carlsson spoiler.... I am quite sure he payed a reasonable price for shipping.... it is easier to pay a little extra for shipping on a 200.00 whale tail than one in the USA for 600.00+.....
Did you say 9000 Carlson Spoiler?? How much does he want??? :twisted: :roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts