Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I saw the actuator spring upgrade on 03.10.2005: Saab NG900 Wastegate Actuator Spring - photo.platonoff.com
And, since I have a spare one with weak spring, I plan to rebuild it.
I cannot find this Nordic spring which is used on platonoff site, but I found forge ones. There are green, yellow, red and blue, rated 5-10, 9-15, 17.5-20, 14-18PSI. Can these be put inside stock T25 WGA?
If so, which one is safe for stage 1, 2 & 3? Stock spring inside actuator is green, as seen on platonoff site, but is this color marking the same as from forge ones?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm not sure on that, but I think they should be the same if the color is the same. I just tossed my old actuator and put on a newer one from a lower mileage car.

·
Registered
770 Posts
From what I understand, the Forge springs are for the bypass/blow-off valve. I'm not sure that the springs for the wastegate actuator and the bypass valve are the same. From the pictures in the platonoff site, the wastegate actuator springs look longer (by almost twice) than the bypass springs that I have laying around. Can anyone confirm that these springs are the same or not?

·
Registered
811 Posts
you can also just run a helper spring externally to help up your base boost... just go to advanced and get a spring pack... try a couple different ones... make a little metal bracket and attach to where the wastegate bolts up to the housing and run the spring to the swing arm of the turbo... much easier way to do it...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can also just run a helper spring externally to help up your base boost... just go to advanced and get a spring pack... try a couple different ones... make a little metal bracket and attach to where the wastegate bolts up to the housing and run the spring to the swing arm of the turbo... much easier way to do it...
Yes, I've done that already when I thought that only my actuator is a problem. I have "custom" made spring by me :)
So there is no difference between putting it outside, or putting it inside?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts