Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the form of a 2004 BMW M3. Shes Jet Black on Black with Aluminum trim. Only has 20,200 miles on her. I picked her up Wednesday night. Here are a few pictures from the cars.com ad. Havnet had the time for a proper photo shoot.

shes fully loaded. Premium Package, Nav, Cold Weather, Harmon Kardon Sound, Bi-Xenons, SMG. Everything. Im truly :) right now.

1. i know the front bumper looks a little scratched, but its not. Just the photo.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That is so awesome, congratulations on an amazing Christmas present! I was considering these too and besides a few issues with the chassis, they are remarkably reliable and can be track machines with some better rubber and basic upgrades. What made you choose a SMG transmission over a 6MT?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
... where's the third pedal...

Awesome ride! I have seen one of these in person before and they are just awesome. I hear people say they are not big fans of this generations style but I like it a lot. Congrats!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is so awesome, congratulations on an amazing Christmas present! I was considering these too and besides a few issues with the chassis, they are remarkably reliable and can be track machines with some better rubber and basic upgrades. What made you choose a SMG transmission over a 6MT?
I spend alot of time in traffic drving to Charleston, SC from NJ. And having the option to pop it over into automated mode really appealed to me. But the SMG is pretty much a 6speed but the computer does the clutch. thats really the only difference. and SMG has two secret modes..... burnout mode and racing mode :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Sweet ride, those SMGs don't exactly have a stellar reliability record though, although i think its more clutch issues than actual gear box issues, so it could be worse. Enjoy it, IMO one of the best cars to drive to this day.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you sell your saab?
still have her, she's probably going to go on the market at the end of january. really need her to get through the winter.

Sweet ride, those SMGs don't exactly have a stellar reliability record though, although i think its more clutch issues than actual gear box issues, so it could be worse. Enjoy it, IMO one of the best cars to drive to this day.
had the clutch and tranny inspected before purchase. the guy told me i had about 40k left on the clutch if i didnt do drag worthy starts all day. but ill probably be updating it way before than anyways. and I agree, Ive only had her for 3 days, but driving around in her is SOO MUCH fun.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
had the clutch and tranny inspected before purchase. the guy told me i had about 40k left on the clutch if i didnt do drag worthy starts all day. but ill probably be updating it way before than anyways. and I agree, Ive only had her for 3 days, but driving around in her is SOO MUCH fun.
Is there some forced induction swirling in the crystal ball? HPF stage 4 is the only way you should go. :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there some forced induction swirling in the crystal ball? HPF stage 4 is the only way you should go. :lol:
yes, hopefully some kind of forced induction is planned for the future. but probably in the form of VF-engineering or ESS. HPF is insanely priced, that stg 4 turbo kit is about $40,000 and a stg 1 will run you about $15,000.

Any plans for mods? Seeing your car makes me want to start driving the 328 now instead of in a few month
Yes, lots of Mods. to start, im planning on doing CSL rep wheels, CSL rep trunk, CSL rep diffuser, black out grille/gills/emblem, macht schnell stg 1 intake, and Oakland performance scorza exhaust with supersprint mid-pipes/headers. that should cover my plans for the next year lol.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Yes, lots of Mods. to start, im planning on doing CSL rep wheels, CSL rep trunk, CSL rep diffuser, black out grille/gills/emblem, macht schnell stg 1 intake, and Oakland performance scorza exhaust with supersprint mid-pipes/headers. that should cover my plans for the next year lol.
Haha dam that thing will look great with the csl trim! My list isn't so extensive for the first part of the year at least hah. So far the list includes front and rear spacers with a fender roll, new m3 side view mirrors and side moldings, hids I have but need to be installed and I'm debating m3 cams. My overall plan is to have the best na setup without spending too much money and then a year or 2 from now get a sc. I'm sure there are other things that I'm forgetting but all I know is it's going to be an expensive year. Like i said earlier we need to meet up once the weather is better. I think we can officially have a bmw sub section within the saabs at Carlisle this year

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha dam that thing will look great with the csl trim! My list isn't so extensive for the first part of the year at least hah. So far the list includes front and rear spacers with a fender roll, new m3 side view mirrors and side moldings, hids I have but need to be installed and I'm debating m3 cams. My overall plan is to have the best na setup without spending too much money and then a year or 2 from now get a sc. I'm sure there are other things that I'm forgetting but all I know is it's going to be an expensive year. Like i said earlier we need to meet up once the weather is better. I think we can officially have a bmw sub section within the saabs at Carlisle this year
haha have a little nj/pa saab/bmw meet haha. your at MSU, not to far from me in north caldwell. shouldnt be too hard to get the BMWs together, and maybe throw in a few saabs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome choice with the M3. Think hard and long before you dump 10-40k in it in performance parts though! It's one sweet ride as-is!
im never selling this car. the e46 m3 was the car that turned me into a car nut. i dont see this car going anywhere for a LONG LONG LONG time. but no way ill dump 40k into her. a VF supercharger kit is like 8 grand, the exhaust/suspension/body parts will prob run me about 5 grand. Gotta love the amount of group buys the M forums put together. :D they can get like 30-40 people for a group buy, with numbers like that, some prices get cut in half.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
yes, hopefully some kind of forced induction is planned for the future. but probably in the form of VF-engineering or ESS. HPF is insanely priced, that stg 4 turbo kit is about $40,000 and a stg 1 will run you about $15,000.
The cost differential is certainly a compelling point haha. I think a supercharger suits the car's balanced/responsive/poised nature more effectively and will be a much easier system to install or uninstall. You have some awesome stuff planned, good luck RC and definitely post the updates!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts